Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman Pleads With Erik Morales To Consider Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sulaiman Pleads With Erik Morales To Consider Retirement

Jose Sulaiman, the president of the World Boxing Council, is pleading with Erik "El Terrible" Morales (52-8, 36KOs) to seriously consider a full retirement from boxing. Morales, who took punishment during last Saturday's decision loss to Danny Garcia and failed to make weight for the fight, is considering one more fight in the fall, in Tijuana, before retiring for good.

[Click Here To Read More]

Morales is still very competitive with the best of his division. Hard to tell the man to retire. His instincts and skill still outweigh his physical decline.

I would even go as far as to say his two losses at 140 enhance his legacy.

Comment

Bull****, he just needs a good strengthening coach and he'd take another good run. He was hurting that kid no doubt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        Morales is still very competitive with the best of his division. Hard to tell the man to retire. His instincts and skill still outweigh his physical decline.

I totally agree with you!!! Green K

On another note...somebody please plead with Sulaiman to retire!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pelonxsoldier28 View Post
          Bull****, he just needs a good strengthening coach and he'd take another good run. He was hurting that kid no doubt!!!
          If he had been in shape, he would have most likely won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post

Morales vs Khan or Bradley wouldn't be competitive at all. He couldn't make 140 last time out and the fighters at 147 are too strong for him.

Comment

I'll still never understand why Marquez is ducking Morales. It's the most logical fight for Marquez. The fight would be HUGE in Mexico. JMM would make the most money (maybe more than Morales) and he would be heavily favored. And Morales wants the fight! Instead, Marquez is fighting bums for less money.

Is Marquez scared of losing Mexican fans by beating Morales? I don't get it.

Comment

Someone with reason. He may be full of experience, but the body could sure use a tune-up. I don't really understand these fighters who come out in bad shape...

Comment

I agree. He needs to get into great shape for his fights not just good.

Comment

he's going to get hurt.......

he should retire

Comment

Working...
                    X