No announcement yet.

Is Al Haymon a Fan of Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Al Haymon a Fan of Boxing?

I notice that Al Haymon is never at any of the fights as a spectator or fan. It's almost as if he hates publicity and enjoys not being seen. Considering his high status in the business of boxing, you would expect him to at least attend the big fights. Does Al Haymon like boxing, is he a fan of the sport?

He makes more money from his concert promoting, he probably goes to those instead.

Comment

He must have some interest, unless he just went after Floyd for kicks. I know Gabriel Montoya says he's obscenely wealthy from his concert promotion business and definitely doesn't need the money boxing might make him.

Comment

He's a fan of the dollar bills!

Comment

the guy just likes to keep a low profile when it comes to boxing. Thats basically why we always see the Watson family with Haymon fighters, their basically there to stand in for Haymon. But i feel he likes money more than he likes boxing

Comment

He does go to events, just gotta keep your eye open. He was at Taylor-Pavlik, Mayweather-Hatton, etc..

Comment

he is at Broner's fights alot because they are both from Cincy, He has been wealthy since the 70's (people forget he promoted the Eddie Murphy Raw tour which is still the highest grossing comedy tour ever)and he is like the other wealthy people who been getting it for a long time that dont really like to be seen, Hell if Floyd didn't start mentioning his name people would still not know of him unless you watched his TV shows and saw his names in the credits or was like me in the 90's that used to go to the Budweiser super-fest

Comment

He goes to most of the major ones with his fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                  He does go to events, just gotta keep your eye open. He was at Taylor-Pavlik, Mayweather-Hatton, etc..
                  he probably doesnt get camera time because nobody knows who he is.

We dont know that he isnt going, only that hes not on the camera.

Comment

He must have some interest, unless he just went after Floyd for kicks. I know Gabriel Montoya says he's obscenely wealthy from his concert promotion business and definitely doesn't need the money boxing might make him.
                    No He got into boxing because of Vernon Forest there is a great interview that Sam Watson Did at the Sergio v. Kelly fight when he explained why and how they got into boxing one of the posters on here had it up before

Comment

Working...
                    X