Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It just hit me that Mayweather is not retiring ANY time soon.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It just hit me that Mayweather is not retiring ANY time soon.

I literally cant go 10 minutes without seeing this guy on the TV screen, website, magazine, news paper. Floyd is everywhere. All over TNT and ****...lol.(See my sig)

This guy is an international mega-star. He has fans nation and world wide. Hes also promoting himself in a POSITIVE light. Hes not acting a fool cussing and swearing and being a jerk. Hes actually being respectful, intelligent and even funny. Hes showing a side that we don't see often. He is on top pf the world right now. Everyone is talking about him.

So with this kind of fame and stardom there is no way that Floyd will leave the sport. Especially now that hes at a point in his career where he commands 15- 20 Million dollar paydays. In 2010 he will fight Shane in May and then try to land Pacquiao. Hypothetically speaking here, if he beats him he will be an even BIGGER star and he will want to ride that wave into more promotion, endorsements, interviews and big money fights.

Schafer has mentioned Khan, Ortiz, Alvarez and even Chavez Jr as possible future Mayweather opponents down the line.Hell maybe even Kell Brook in the UK. I believe him. IMO Floyd after Shane and Pacquiao will still be fighting. There are / will be BIG money fights available.

Mayweather vs. Khan in the UK= BIG MONEY. Especially if Khan has developed and made himself an even bigger star on the US front.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz= BIG MONEY. Same thing applies with him. If he can bounce back string some victories together he'll be a big star.

Mayweather vs. Chavez Jr.= BIG MONEY. Same thing he has the opportunity to become a huge star if he keeps winning. Hes not all that skilled but he does have that NAME power.

Mayweather vs. Alvarez= HUGEEEEEEEE MONEY. This is the biggest of them all. By the time this comes off the kid will be one of the biggest stars in boxing. PERIOD. I love Canelos style. Kids got the good foreal. Schafer has mentioned Floyd fighting him in Mexico at Azteca Stadium. It holds a little over 100,000 seats. Hes already selling out arenas pon his own. He will be a big star soon and this will be a BIG fight.

Those 4 fighters are ALL GBP fighters except Jr. I believ these fights are on the minds of GBP and Mayweather.

Thoughts.
    Last edited by El Castigador; 02-14-2010, 11:34 PM.

Originally posted by El Castigador View Post
    I literally cant go 10 minutes without seeing this guy on the TV screen, website, magazine, news paper. Floyd is everywhere. All over TNT and ****...lol.(See my sig)

This guy is an international mega-star. He has fans nation and world wide. Hes also promoting himself in a POSITIVE light. Hes not acting a fool cussing and swearing and being a jerk. Hes actually being respectful, intelligent and even funny. Hes showing a side that we don't see often. He is on top pf the world right now. Everyone is talking about him.

So with this kind of fame and stardom there is no way that Floyd will leave the sport. Especially now that hes at a point in his career where he commands 15- 20 Million dollar paydays. In 2010 he will fight Shane in May and then try to land Pacquiao. Hypothetically speaking here, if he beats him he will be an even BIGGER star and he will want to ride that wave into more promotion, endorsements, interviews and big money fights.

Schafer has mentioned Khan, Ortiz, Alvarez and even Chavez Jr as possible future Mayweather opponents down the line.Hell maybe even Kell Brook in the UK. I believe him. IMO Floyd after Shane and Pacquiao will still be fighting. There are / will be BIG money fights available.

Mayweather vs. Khan in the UK= BIG MONEY. Especially if Khan has developed and made himself an even bigger star on the US front.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz= BIG MONEY. Same thing applies with him. If he can bounce back string some victories together he'll be a big star.

Mayweather vs. Chavez Jr.= BIG MONEY. Same thing he has the opportunity to become a huge star if he keeps winning. Hes not all that skilled but he does have that NAME power.

Mayweather vs. Alvarez= HUGEEEEEEEE MONEY. This is the biggest of them all. By the time this comes off the kid will be one of the biggest stars in boxing. PERIOD. I love Canelos style. Kids got the good foreal. Schafer has mentioned Floyd fighting him in Mexico at Azteca Stadium. It holds a little over 100,000 seats. Hes already selling out arenas pon his own. He will be a big star soon and this will be a BIG fight.

Those 4 fighters are ALL GBP fighters. I believ these fights are on the minds of GBP and Mayweather.

Thoughts.
    man, why would you wanna see any of those fights? seriously, when you know what the outcome is gonna be

Comment

If he is so big how come he has never carried a PPV event by himself, without leaching off his opponents fan base?

FWIW it was the Mexican fan base that carried that PPV with Marquez (hence them moving the date close to Mexican independance day)

Judah vs Mayweather-the hip-hop community was more in favor of Judah
      Gatti had more star power than Floyd
      Hatton was the draw
      DLH was the draw

Only time we saw a "Floyd fight" was against sorry a$$ baldomir and even that flopped with around a whopping 350k buys...
      Last edited by Khalid X; 02-14-2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
        If he is so big how come he has never carried a PPV event by himself, without leaching off his opponents fan base?

FWIW it was the Mexican fan base that carried that PPV with Marquez (hence them moving the date close to Mexican independance day)

Judah vs Mayweather-the hip-hop community was more in favor of Judah
        Gatti had more star power than Floyd
        Hatton was the draw
        DLH was the draw

Only time we saw a Floyd fight was against sorry a$$ baldomir and even that flopped with around a whopping 350k buys...

Man I could careless about the hate. Its played out. Do you have any comments on the original post?

Comment

Chavez Jr is with toprank not GPB

**** the guys you mentioned..

They are not close to Floyd's level

Once again **** the guys you mentioned

they are not on Floyd's level

fighters that I believe he should fight are

Cotto (it would be a good fight and if cotto wins a belt at 154 it would be more intriguing)
          Bradley (better then the dudes you listed)
          Chavez Jr (40 have tried and 40 have failed this guy is undefeated because no one can **** with him...im just kidding he ****ing sucks worse the that zelenoff kid bad pick from u burner)
          Pwills (at 147 it could be a good match up but pwill doesnt have the fan base or drawing power so i doubt floyd faces him)
          Fernando Vargas (for the superheavy weight title of the world i just put him in the list to complement the bull**** fighters that u picked)

Comment

Originally posted by $iCaRiO View Post
            man, why would you wanna see any of those fights? seriously, when you know what the outcome is gonna be
            Did I say I want to see them? I just said I think they are going to happen. The WW division is not the same anymore. Those will be big fights THEN.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingOaktown View Post
              Chavez Jr is with toprank not GPB

**** the guys you mentioned..

They are not close to Floyd's level

Once again **** the guys you mentioned

they are not on Floyd's level

fighters that I believe he should fight are

Cotto (it would be a good fight and if cotto wins a belt at 154 it would be more intriguing)
              Bradley (better then the dudes you listed)
              Chavez Jr (40 have tried and 40 have failed this guy is undefeated because no one can **** with him...im just kidding he ****ing sucks worse the that zelenoff kid bad pick from u burner)
              Pwills (at 147 it could be a good match up but pwill doesnt have the fan base or drawing power so i doubt floyd faces him)
              Fernando Vargas (for the superheavy weight title of the world i just put him in the list to complement the bull**** fighters that u picked)

Did you understand anything I said in the original post? I said BIG MONEY fights that GBP have mentioned before and will look to make. You act like I said these dudes were ATG's. I never said that.

Cotto is about shot my dude.

Bradley would be a good fight. but again not a big money fight.

JCCJr. is a bad fighter but a big money fight in the future my dude.

Williams is managed by Haymon. Floyd and Bertos manager.

Comment

Man I could careless about the hate. Its played out. Do you have any comments on the original post?
                hahaha....it's just fun and games. FWIW he does have an opportunity to make alot of money but those guys are just too green for Floyd at this point. Maybe in 2-3 years from now, but by them Floyd will be 35-36. I say Floyd will honestly only be around for 2 more years max. Mosley, Pac (fight won't happen though), Khan in England, and another big money fight and he calls it a career.

Comment

Did I say I want to see them? I just said I think they are going to happen. The WW division is not the same anymore. Those will be big fights THEN.
                  How are they big money fights if nobody would want to see tham?

Comment

Originally posted by $iCaRiO View Post
                    How are they big money fights if nobody would want to see tham?

Comment

Working...
                    X