No announcement yet.

Denis Boytsov vs. Robert Helenius is being negotiated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denis Boytsov vs. Robert Helenius is being negotiated

There have been reports in the Finnish media that this fight is in negotiations.

Alexander Dimitrenko is the EBU mandatory, but he doesn't want the fight with Helenius. Dereck Chisora is of course fighting Vitali.

Hopefully this fight will happen!

I wonder if Boytsov's Jan 28th date will be soon cancelled. Helenius has a hand injury and will not be ready until late March at the earliest.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 01-08-2012, 12:45 PM.

Finally! The first serious opponent for Boystov in 30 bouts and 7 years!

Comment

Hope it happens, this is the kind of fights the HW prospects need, and Boytsov should be able to win without much trouble, even though his opposition as of late hasn't been very good he's much better than Helenius in every department IMO.

Comment

boystov has some dangerous power, but he is to small to be a threat to the brothers, but maybe post-klit era... he could do some damage

Comment

Boystov will deserve a title shot if he win.
          The winner will be perceive like the world legitimate contender for Wlad.
          Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
            I think with the new promoter Waldemar Kluch he will finally step up this year.
            let's hope his hands hold up as well. i don't know what kind of chin boytsov has but i don't think it will matter. i think helenius beats him. too big & he has much more experience. he lost to chisora in my opinion but if the hand was an issue then maybe the chisora fight was just a night of bad luck. helenius is still the top contender in my eyes. i have seen lots of helenius but have only seen a couple of boytsov's fights. big step up from gavern to helenius...

Comment

Helenius is not an athletic man, he can't use his size. He is limited just like Dimitrenko or Fury, he just have a better chin and more power.
              A mobile Boystov can win easily.

Comment

I only believe this when i see both fighters in the ring!
                2 top contenders fighting each other? Thats very rare in todays heavyweight division! but its about time boytsov fight some good fighter!

Comment

If that fight happens and its a big IF! I expect helenius to knock out boytsov!
                  Cause boytsov is still in his baby shoes thanks to his promoter! He never stepped up in class! Helenius has been moved fast and has faced much better fighters !

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                    I think with the new promoter Waldemar Kluch he will finally step up this year.
                    Odd matchup as Boytov is from Universum and Helenius from rival Sauerland. Universum is dying a slow death and I frankly cannot see this being a wise business decision.

But maybe Boytsov is about to become a free agent and is looking for a contract with Sauerland.

Comment

Working...
                    X