Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, Did Fans Bash JMM & Pacquiao for Weight Cutting like Marg, DLH, JR, Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Did Fans Bash JMM & Pacquiao for Weight Cutting like Marg, DLH, JR, Broner?

Just watched the second fight and I couldn't believe that Pac gained 16 POUNDS and Marquez 11 POUNDS over night at 130. Both were welterweights on fight night. That's THREE weight classes overnight

Wasn't Broner just being ridiculed for being a welter on fight night against Escobedo?

People cried about Oscar beating up "little guys" at the lower weights but he never weighed more than 142 on fight night as a lightweight.

Chavez Jr is another that people bash for intense weight cutting.
    Last edited by Fasttimes; 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM.

People on this site and giant ****ing hypocrites, what else is new.

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
      Yeah, insane.

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
        Yeh, too much of that goes on on this site.

At the end of the day, if a fighter can make weight then they can fight at that weight... its that simple.

Comment

that's pretty normal for the weight class though. All these guys that fight 135 or below don't walk around at that weight, so it's natural for them to gain 10+ pounds.

There are very few grown men on earth that actually walk around at 122-130 pounds.

Broner for example weighed 148 pounds in his last fight at 135. Montiel rehydrated 15-17 pounds against Donaire at 118 pounds. Typical stuff.

It's a bit more alarming imo when it's the heavier weight classes. Like Pavlik blowing up damn near 20 pounds against Martinez, or Chavez doing the same thing in all of his fights.

Comment

i have no problem with it. if you can make the official weight, then that's what counts. adding significant anounts of weight overnight has to has some detrimental effect on ones body.

Comment

Awesome thread. Hope to hear more opinions.

Comment

Agreed, I've really no problem with it either, but it kind of destroys the notion that JMM/Pac are these midgets that don't belong above lightweight when they weigh in as damned welters at 130

Comment

I don't think any fighter should be bashed for how much weight they gain between the weigh in and the fight as long as they make weight. They are playing by the rules so they did nothing wrong. I believe changing the same day weigh in was a terrible idea that allowed fighters to compete in a weight class up to 20 lbs. lighter than their real fighting weight. Broner and Rios were bashed because they would come in pounds over weight and not try to take the weight off. They would end up with a big weight advantage over fighters that did make weight. Chavez always made weight and my guess is going so low and gaining so much weight after the weigh in probably hurt his performance and he would be better off at 168. Chavez broke no rules that I am aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                    Just watched the second fight and I couldn't believe that Pac gained 16 POUNDS and Marquez 11 POUNDS over night at 130. Both were welterweights on fight night. That's THREE weight classes overnight

Wasn't Broner just being ridiculed for being a welter on fight night against Escobedo?

People cried about Oscar beating up "little guys" at the lower weights but he never weighed more than 142 on fight night as a lightweight.

Chavez Jr is another that people bash for intense weight cutting.
                    yeah, they do... you just made a big deal about it

Comment

Working...
                    X