Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac stood up to Arum in order to fight shot DLH, why is he unwilling to stand up now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac stood up to Arum in order to fight shot DLH, why is he unwilling to stand up now?

It's a shame that he'd rather hide behind Arum in order to avoid Mayweather, when it's clear that he has the ability to call the shots:

"When the De La Hoya fight became possible, I had a big meeting -- I'll never forget it -- with Pacquiao in the suite at the Mandalay [Bay]," said Arum. "And I said: 'Manny, do you know what you're doing here? De La Hoya's so much bigger, so much stronger, you're liable to get hurt. There's a lot easier guys to fight. I'm telling you all of this because I want you to realize that maybe you shouldn't fight him.' And he got angry, and he said, 'I want to fight De La Hoya. I know I can beat him.' He looked at me with those steely eyes, and he really was sincere. It wasn't a question of the money or anything else. That's when I knew we had a helluva shot, and Freddie [Roach], who had trained Oscar, told us that Manny was going to beat Oscar. So we knew it internally, although Bruce [Trampler, Top Rank's Hall of Fame matchmaker], who knows fights, was leaning toward De La Hoya."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boxing/post/...ao-past-future

Originally posted by elieseckbach View Post
    It's a shame that he'd rather hide behind Arum in order to avoid Mayweather, when it's clear that he has the ability to call the shots:

"When the De La Hoya fight became possible, I had a big meeting -- I'll never forget it -- with Pacquiao in the suite at the Mandalay [Bay]," said Arum. "And I said: 'Manny, do you know what you're doing here? De La Hoya's so much bigger, so much stronger, you're liable to get hurt. There's a lot easier guys to fight. I'm telling you all of this because I want you to realize that maybe you shouldn't fight him.' And he got angry, and he said, 'I want to fight De La Hoya. I know I can beat him.' He looked at me with those steely eyes, and he really was sincere. It wasn't a question of the money or anything else. That's when I knew we had a helluva shot, and Freddie [Roach], who had trained Oscar, told us that Manny was going to beat Oscar. So we knew it internally, although Bruce [Trampler, Top Rank's Hall of Fame matchmaker], who knows fights, was leaning toward De La Hoya."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boxing/post/...ao-past-future
    I am not sure Manny wants the fight. I think he knows he cant win.

Comment

1) Pac had a press conference in the phillipines right after the Marquez fight saying he wants floyd.

2) Pac sent Koncz all the way to Vegas to floyds gym to call out floyd. Floyd's response? Theres nothing to discuss and don't bother calling Al haymon aka my boss cuz I told him not to pick up your phone calls.

What more do you *****s need lmao

Comment

lmao @ this tard^^^

Comment

cause floyd aint shot

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            1) Pac had a press conference in the phillipines right after the Marquez fight saying he wants floyd.

2) Pac sent Koncz all the way to Vegas to floyds gym to call out floyd. Floyd's response? Theres nothing to discuss and don't bother calling Al haymon aka my boss cuz I told him not to pick up your phone calls.

What more do you *****s need lmao
            pacquiao signing a contract

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
              cause floyd aint shot
              and under top rank

can't weight drain him

didn't just get beat

old

Comment

Dude, If I got a guy who walks around at 170 to come down to 145 to fight me I would take that fight. That is a nobrainer. I could care less about power at that point.

Manny didn't want that fight. That was the fight that he was presented with.

Comment

Originally posted by Wapacman View Post
                  I am not sure Manny wants the fight. I think he knows he cant win.
                  PAC could careless if he wins or lose, the money is just too good.

Comment

Originally posted by sugersean15 View Post
                    and under top rank

can't weight drain him

didn't just get beat

old
                    speaking of weight drain...this came to mind! Who did Manny weight drainBtW?

Floyd gave up 600k on the scales

Comment

Working...
                    X