No announcement yet.

Did Cotto Duck Gabe Rosado?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Cotto Duck Gabe Rosado?

He swifted over to HBO to fight Dev Rodriguez.... cmon that dude a bum and he cant fight, Cotto should of fought Rosado, Lara or Trout rematch.

now hes gonna fight bums on HBO.

Its a tune up, a fight he's supposed to win and look good in doing so. Its supposed to be against weak opposition, deal with it.

Comment

Also, I doubt he intends to fight bums for the two or three fights that he has left, he's looking for the money fights, even if he gets butchered.

Comment

Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
        Also, I doubt he intends to fight bums for the two or three fights that he has left, he's looking for the money fights, even if he gets butchered.
        I'm a fan of Cotto and, the truth is, I am not too thrilled about Delvin but if he will fight the winner of JMM-Bradley then it's okay. For that reason alone, I would root for JMM like never before, because Cotto vs. JMM is a fight I have been interested in for a long time.

Comment

Gabe Rosado is a club fighter and a FNF fighter. Cotto isn't ducking a bum who's only famous for taking an ass whopping by GGG.

Comment

rosado has power and never stops coming aka not a good combination for cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
              I'm a fan of Cotto and, the truth is, I am not too thrilled about Delvin but if he will fight the winner of JMM-Bradley then it's okay. For that reason alone, I would root for JMM like never before, because Cotto vs. JMM is a fight I have been interested in for a long time.
              this x 10000000000000000

jmm v. cotto is a dream match. Shoulda happened a few years ago, but i'm still very interested.

Cotto + Roach v. JMM + Nacho.

Golden!

Comment

Yes he's ducking the guy that lost to Derek Ennis. Gabe has heart and size, but he's not much better than Rodriguez really. He should've gotten the W over Love, but Love isn't special and was drained. At least Rodriguez is coming off a couple of wins on TV.

Comment

I will say this...Gabe is severely underrated. He beat J'Leon Love. He went to war with GGG. A natural 154 withstood everything Good Boy had to offer. That's some real ****. These 160 pounders can't deal with 3G, and Gabe took it all.

So...with that being said, Cotto don't need to be in there with Rosado right now, trying to get his career and money on track right now. I won't say he's ducking Rosado, because you don't duck Rosado, but I could see how his team is looking at other names.

And I for one like the Rodriguez fight. I've always liked Rodriguez. He isn't a star, or anything. But he comes to fight, and he gives it his all. What more can you ask for in a fighter. Cotto will have his hands full with a guy naturally bigger, and again having some key advantages such as natural size and arm reach. After Cotto/Rodriguez, I'd like to see a Rodriguez/Rosado fight as an undercard or a NBC headliner.

Cotto's resume is currently at the top of the echelon in current times. He's fought the who's who of boxing the last 10+ years. If he closes out his career like I think he will: Rodriguez --> JMM --> Martinez

Then he'll be leaving the game, the same way he came on; fighting the best.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Yes he's ducking the guy that lost to Derek Ennis. Gabe has heart and size, but he's not much better than Rodriguez really. He should've gotten the W over Love, but Love isn't special and was drained. At least Rodriguez is coming off a couple of wins on TV.
                    well rodriguez beat some indian guy who had no idea what boxing was and then got a very debatable decision over freddy hernandez. if cotto cant beat rodriguez then it's truly over. actually it's over right now because he knows he can't beat rosado so he's cherry picking guys that can't hurt him or possibly beat him just to get a bigger fight and the bigger fights are always gonna be good fighters unless a baldomir miracle happens again(unlikely)

Comment

Working...
                    X