Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't we all agree that Floyd is still in his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't we all agree that Floyd is still in his prime?

Well......................

No. Past his prime-still good, same as Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto.

He hasn't been prime since Hatton.

Comment

We will see where Floyd is on Saturday. I'm anticipating greatness though.

Comment

Sorry, I can't agree. He still has great reflexes, speed, timing, ect. But, you can tell that he hasn't been the same fighter he once was.

Comment

Floyd hasn't gone 12 since he fought Mosley 2 years ago. That Ortiz fight didn't give him many rounds, at all. I know that, at Floyd's level, he's already been in the ring enough that it shouldn't matter much but at 35- which should be the beginning of his decline- that's not ideal.

If peak Floyd Mayweather is 100/100, I think we're looking at 90% at this point. But, of course, we're all guessing until we see him against Cotto. Win or lose his speed, legs, and reactions will tell us the real answer.

Comment

After all the breaks he's taken, I think it's crystal clear that Floyd is still in his prime although he's 35 years old. Someone prove me otherwise.

Comment

Still a great fighter, but...

Comment

he is probably past it but you can't really tell because even past his PRIME his skills are still far above and beyond anybody in and around his division

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                  Floyd is the only fightger in history to reach his prime 16 years into his career, at 35 years old. Yet those same people say he isn't great. WHich is it people. Make up you ****ing minds.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                    Honestly, I haven't considered Floyd "prime" since the Gatti fight. Because this isn't an ideal weight for him.

He may have been prime age and ability wise, but he should be at 140.

A guy who is 150 on fight night is a junior welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X