No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Another Tim Bradley Fight, Another Very Close Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Another Tim Bradley Fight, Another Very Close Decision

There were those amongst the 3,050 in attendance and millions abroad that felt Bradley did not warrant a decision over Ruslan Provodnikov on Saturday night. Others felt otherwise.

Then there are those fans who think these fights is what keeps the boxing pulse strong and could appreciate the heart both men displayed in the ring.

I would fall in that group. What I saw ringside was two fighters who took different paths to arrive to one magical night that I or others will not forget.

Now don’t get me wrong. Bradley had some incredible bouts, including his all-out war against Kendall Holt a few years ago. Bradley got off the canvas twice to eek out a decision win.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Does this writer feel that Bradley should of got a 10-8 for the 3rd rounds when Ruslan landed 2 punches and threw 15, if that ain't a dominate round I don't know what is.

Comment

there was 3 10-8 rounds and i think the fight should of been stopped in the second round he was worse than alvarado and that was a right stoppage,bradley will never be the same again in the post fight interview he looked disabled pacquiao looked a lot better in his interview and he got put to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by witter87 View Post
        there was 3 10-8 rounds and i think the fight should of been stopped in the second round he was worse than alvarado and that was a right stoppage,bradley will never be the same again in the post fight interview he looked disabled pacquiao looked a lot better in his interview and he got put to sleep.
        Even if Bradley was "Worse" than Alvarado there's three big things with that 1. It's NOT the same Referee, so each Ref has to use their OWN discretion. The current Ref in the heat of the moment is not going to be like Oh remember that Rios v. Alvarado fight that I didn't ref. Alvarado wasn't this bad off, so let me call a stoppage and more importantly 2. Bradley was BADLY hurt in Rd 2 there is NO denying that, however he was winning that round handedly until he got rocked and Although hurt he still continued to throw punches and was trying to duck and dodge some punches most times he was hurt. Alvarado however, was taking big shots and looked completely out of sorts and was NOT protecting himself nor throwing any types of punches, he looked stunned and was not responding to the incoming, again Bradley was at least responding to what Provodnikov was throwing effective or ineffective, that's probably why it was NOT stopped. Plus 3. Alvarado v. Rios was NOT a title fight to my knowledge, Bradley v. Provodnikov WAS, Bradley's title was on the line. In title fights, usually the Ref will allow the action to continue unless it's undeniably apparent that he can't go on. And obviously in this case it WASN'T since Bradley made it through the entire fight.
        Last edited by eshady02; 03-20-2013, 04:51 AM.

Comment

I am still wondering why Bradley decided it was a good idea to trade with a slugger like Provodnikov.

Comment

Originally posted by eshady02 View Post
            Even if Bradley was "Worse" than Alvarado there's three big things with that 1. It's NOT the same Referee, so each Ref has to use their OWN discretion. The current Ref in the heat of the moment is not going to be like Oh remember that Rios v. Alvarado fight that I didn't ref. Alvarado wasn't this bad off, so let me call a stoppage and more importantly 2. Bradley was BADLY hurt in Rd 2 there is NO denying that, however he was winning that round handedly until he got rocked and Although hurt he still continued to throw punches and was trying to duck and dodge some punches most times he was hurt. Alvarado however, was taking big shots and looked completely out of sorts and was NOT protecting himself nor throwing any types of punches, he looked stunned and was not responding to the incoming, again Bradley was at least responding to what Provodnikov was throwing effective or ineffective, that's probably why it was NOT stopped. Plus 3. Alvarado v. Rios was NOT a title fight to my knowledge, Bradley v. Provodnikov WAS, Bradley's title was on the line. In title fights, usually the Ref will allow the action to continue unless it's undeniably apparent that he can't go on. And obviously in this case it WASN'T since Bradley made it through the entire fight.
            i think it should of been stopped in the 1st round that is the type of fight that can turn someone into what meldrick taylor is now but everything you said is true apart from it was the same referee.

Comment

Pat Russell ref'd both fights...

Comment

Real talk. Seems absurd to say the fight should've been stopped when the guy kept fighting back, and was winning the fight and went on to win the fight in good style, even if he had to come through hell to do it.

The first round was not 10-8 - Bradley didn't go down on a punch, and he dominated the first 2:30 of the round with ease. The second is arguable, but again he had a good round until he was hurt, so it has to be 10-9.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                  Real talk. Seems absurd to say the fight should've been stopped when the guy kept fighting back, and was winning the fight and went on to win the fight in good style, even if he had to come through hell to do it.

The first round was not 10-8 - Bradley didn't go down on a punch, and he dominated the first 2:30 of the round with ease. The second is arguable, but again he had a good round until he was hurt, so it has to be 10-9.
                  I totally agree wit you that the fight should've been stopped. Alvarado stopped punching when Rios had him on the ropes, which the ref views as "defenseless" and has no choice but to stop the fight. Bradley knew he was hurt, but he was smart enough to know that if he stopped swinging the ref would call it off, so he kept swinging regardless of if he connected or not. It takes heart to be able to think like that in the heat of the moment.

Comment

Bradley did enough in the middle rounds to win the fight. it was a close fight I would have been fine with a draw. I think it's a win for both. they both gave us a great fight and showed tons of heart.

as for the ref, I think he did a good job. in real time it did look like Provodnikov pushed Bradley down. how was anybody to know Bradley was that f**ked up when he got up.

the difference between the stoppage in Rios vs Alvarado and the non stoppage of Bradley vs Provodnikov is pretty clear.

in real time, when Alvarado got hit he went stiff, his arms were up but he looked dazed and stiff.

Bradley's legs were gone but he didn't have that moment were he went stiff.

it's hard to explain but you know when a guy basically looks like he's been shocked with a tazer. Alvarado had that Bradley didn't.

I give props to both guys Bradley and Provodnikov because it was a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X