No announcement yet.

If no Cotto, whos Canelos plan B?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If no Cotto, whos Canelos plan B?

I have a feeling Cotto will choose Mayweather over Canelo. Andy Lee would be a decent option because he is a MW champ but IDK if thatd be enough to steal the September date. All I know is I am tired of paying for PPV's, Ive been watching better fights for free on regular T.V. or HBO. I wish Mayweather or Canelo fought on free T.V. for the fans.

Wasn't it rumored that Cotto had to sign an agreement to fight Alvarez as well as Geale?

Canelo's plan B is probably Clottey.

Comment

Nonsense

Cotto is not fighting mayweather

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Wasn't it rumored that Cotto had to sign an agreement to fight Alvarez as well as Geale?

And cottos lol

Comment

He will be fighting Pacquiao

Bobby Pacquiao that is

Comment

with all the money on the line.. you'd wonder why cotto wouldnt jump at the opportunity

.. andy lee coming up

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              I have a feeling Cotto will choose Mayweather over Canelo. Andy Lee would be a decent option because he is a MW champ but IDK if thatd be enough to steal the September date. All I know is I am tired of paying for PPV's, Ive been watching better fights for free on regular T.V. or HBO. I wish Mayweather or Canelo fought on free T.V. for the fans.
              HBO isn't giving Cotto the Geale fight without a commitment to fight Alvarez attached. Plus Roc Nation and Al Haymon are not anxious to do business with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

No, HBO was going to force Cotto into fighting Canelo if he wanted a tuneup on HBO UNLESS he fought Geale, who HBO owed a fight to. So Cotto is free to do what he wants after the Geale fight.

Comment

Originally posted by God Of Left View Post
                  No, HBO was going to force Cotto into fighting Canelo if he wanted a tuneup on HBO UNLESS he fought Geale, who HBO owed a fight to. So Cotto is free to do what he wants after the Geale fight.
                  Wrong. The Canelo fight was required for any Cotto fight to be shown on HBO.

Neither Cotto nor Canelo will be fighting Mayweather in September.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X