No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Has Sonny Bill Williams in His Sights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Has Sonny Bill Williams in His Sights

The drums are beating for young Kiwi heavyweight Joseph Parker and Sonny Bill Williams to collide in the boxing ring.

Fresh from a third professional bout success in the Fight for Life, 20-year-old Parker's got his sights set on one of two New Zealand heavyweight belts, currently held by Williams.

“I definitely want that bout,” says Parker. “We are good mates but probably when the time comes we’ll have a fight in the ring and be mates again later.”

The south Aucklander's win over Richard Tutaki proved he's on the right track.

“What I learned from that was to mix it up, punching the top, chin and punching the body,” Parker says. “I practiced that and once I got his body and he went down then I was feeling good. What we practised in training was actually working.”

Chauncy Welliver holds the other Kiwi belt and the Parker camp is trying to unify the two codes. [Click Here To Read More]

I know nothing about this kid, but I hope SBW gets KTFO.

Comment

Good solid prospect this lad (future Australasian + Commonwealth contender) but he's gotta be active IE 7-8 fights a year. I'd like to see see him come to England & fight on a few cards over here. BTW- How come NZ has two champion's? I hope he doesn't end up another "Wellover" & fighting for multiply worthless trinkets!

Comment

Working...
      X