Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is juan manuel lopez the biggest puncher in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is juan manuel lopez the biggest puncher in boxing?

June 27, 2009
    IS JUAN MANUEL LOPEZ THE BIGGEST PUNCHER IN BOXING?
    By Matt Goldstein

Lopez Looks for Star Power the Boricua Way, with Sheer Power

As Juan Manuel Lopez takes center stage tonight in Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall Theater, the Puerto Rican knockout artist with the baby face smile looks batter his opponent into submission. With a knockout tonightover the slick undefeated Olivier Lontchi 18-0 with 8 knockouts, “Juanma” Lopez will improve to 26-0 with 24 knockouts and eyeing a serious opponent, against who he can rightly defend his WBO crown on a major network. Of Juanma’s previous 23 knockouts, 10 of those came in the first round. The only other fighter in boxing with a higher knockout percentage holding a title is Venezuela’s Edwin Valero. WBC Lightweight champion “Dinamita” Valero holds a record of 25-0 with 25 knockouts in which a ridiculous 19 of those knockouts have come in the first round. The problem for Valero is that while he has been disbarred from fighting in certain states for failing medical tests, and turning down fights which can set the stage for his coming out party, Juan Manuel Lopez is the coming out party. Already featured on HBO and legtimate blockbuster PPV undercards multiple times, Lopez seems poised to allow his Top Rank handlers create the monster that is coming.

YES SIR!

Comment

thats a pretty big statement. NO!

Comment

I still believe that Pavlik is the hardest puncher in the game. Then Juanma but Pavlik to me.

Comment

David Haye

Comment

He is powerful and a real home run hitter, but I don't think he is the hardest puncher. I guess it's disputable.

Comment

He threw over a 1000 shots and connected with over 500 and couldn't even put a career 115 pounder down in his last fight

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                He threw over a 1000 shots and connected with over 500 and couldn't even put a career 115 pounder down in his last fight
                Cosign. Lopez got pop, but he ain't the hardest hitter in boxing. Not sure who is tbh.

Comment

He'z a very powerfull puncher and great boxer, but he's not the hardest puncher in the game right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    exactly!! he only make his trainer said.. dude.. u r about to get hurt... so... lets put an end to this...

that 115 pounder... is a terrific fighter.. dont downplay gerry j... u know better than that...

still...

i dont think that juanma is the bigger puncher..... one of them but not the bigger...

btw. this is an article not my oppinion! just in case!

Comment

Working...
                    X