Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Bute: Who Would Want Froch Again After That?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Bute: Who Would Want Froch Again After That?

Promoter Eddie Hearn has serious doubts about Lucian Bute's willingness to exercise his rematch clause with Carl Froch (29-2, 21KOs). On Saturday night in Nottingham, Froch gave Bute (30-1, 24KOs) a beating before the fight was eventually stopped in the fifth round.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hearn is right. There's no need for them to fight again at this point, I hope Bute doesn't exercise the rematch clause.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Hearn is right. There's no need for them to fight again at this point, I hope Bute doesn't exercise the rematch clause.
      I'm sure Hearn and Froch would love to move on, but where is Bute going to go? If he already has a contract ensuring home field advantage then he should take it. Otherwise, I think he will be forced to go on the road in order to get another shot at a championship.....as of now, he can no longer demand top fighters go to Canada to fight him because he has no belt.

It would seem like a major punk move by Bute to just go back to fighting lower level opposition, I'd be surprised if he just gives up on life like that

Comment

Will Bute want another Beating in a Re Match? Doubt it.

Bute will be finished if he takes on the Cobra again.

Comment

Hmm not sure what team Bute would do get the rematch or regroup and fight another day..i originally picked Bute to KO froch but it seemed otherwise :lmao: Idk Bute landed some hard shots but not enough of them cuz he did get Froch's attention but again Froch outworked him and out punched Bute and he took advantage when Bute was on the ropes where i thought Bute would not try to stay specially cuz Froch has Amazing stamina but he just couldnt Defend him self and has that tight Defence like Ward has but hey that Andre Ward LOL still no excuses of him being on the ropes he should have set more trapes for froch but idk it was not how expected it to specially cuz ute is such a great counter puncher but that just goes to show how much froch can take a shot as well the guy is tough as nails respect to Frochthe dude is a great fighter period. but idk Team Bute should b careful of what there decision is next.

Comment

bute would be crazy to fight froch again so soon after that battering, two losses like that back to back and its goodnight irene! hang up them gloves and start selling ice cream in montreal.

Comment

Ward and Kessler it would seem Mr Hearn.

I just hope Hearn doesn't have Froch believing the hype. He could be brought back to reality in his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
                Ward and Kessler it would seem Mr Hearn.

I just hope Hearn doesn't have Froch believing the hype. He could be brought back to reality in his next fight.
                THIS. Ask yourself this question: When has Froch looked good back to back against top opposition?

Kessler is Froch's Krptonite. He does everything just that little bit better-and Mr Froch you say you would have battered Ward if you fought like you did the other day, so would YOU have been sent to the hospital if you caught the left hook that Green felt in Denmark!

Comment

The rematch is a secure big money fight for both fighters. Bute doesn't hav where else to go to make a big sum, he can do a come back but it won't bring him as much money and he might trip on the way up again.

Unlike many here with a few technical adjustments from Bute he can make the fight more competitive. He rarely moved to his right to avoid Froch's right hand and even went straight backwards at times. Also staying in the pocket to long hurt him. It won't improve his chin but it can minimize all that damage he took. He has enough skills to make a better fight

Comment

Originally posted by mastersson View Post
                    THIS. Ask yourself this question: When has Froch looked good back to back against top opposition?

Kessler is Froch's Krptonite. He does everything just that little bit better-and Mr Froch you say you would have battered Ward if you fought like you did the other day, so would YOU have been sent to the hospital if you caught the left hook that Green felt in Denmark!
                    Froch will never beat Ward, he just has too much skill, but i highly doubt Kessler will be able to knock Froch out even if he catches him clean. Kessler landed some absolute bombs in the first fight & Froch just shook them off. Not saying Froch would defo win a second fight, but if it's in England he would start off favorite in my book.

Comment

Working...
                    X