No announcement yet.

Is Canelo to big for Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Canelo to big for Mayweather?

Was a debate on First Take this morning just curious to know others opinions...

Yeah.

We saw what happened when Cotto fought a real 154lber. Neither of those guys belong at 154. They might have been able to hang there due to a certain level of competition, but they were/are welterweights.

Comment

i think so, as is trout and sergio.. but people will just call him a cherry picker anyway

Comment

I think he came into the Mosley fight at 167. That would be 17 pounds over Floyd

Comment

He's bigger, he's taller, has shown to have more power than Floyd.

Too big? Too big would be too much, meaning Floyd couldn't handle him. I think Floyd could handle Canelo, but yes he's big, bigger than Floyd. Too big for any other WW to be competitive, but not too big for Floyd because of Floyd's skills. Floyd has handled big opponents o fight night through out his entire career. It would be nothing new to him, but it would be more dangerous and more challenging now that he's closer to 40 than 25.

Comment

I was watching that on First Take. Canelo is a legit 154 pound fighter. But he's not too big.

Comment

No he's not!

Comment

That was Stephen A. being a douchebag Fl0mo so he can slurp Mayweather hard when those two fight. Hell no Alvarez isn't too big.

Comment

Canelo is a stocky kid.

His proportions aren't anything special, but he's heavy

Comment

is a Jr middleweight too big for a Jr middleweight champion?

no.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X