Flat Bench Press
    BB Rows
    DB Incline Press
    Lat Pulldown
    DB Fly
    DB Rows
    Cable Flys
    Parallel bar pulldowns
    Pushups/Chin ups superset OR strongman exercise (varies from week to week)

Workout C
    Lower Body Day – Focus Movement: Deadlift

Deadlift
    Good Morning 2 x 5-6
    Glute Ham Raises 3-4 x 6-8
    Single Leg Exercises 2-3 x 6-8
    Heavy Core Work

Workout D
    Shoulders/Arms

Military Press
    Preacher Curl
    Dips
    Cable Lateral Raise
    DB Hammer Curls
    EZ-Bar Decline Triceps Extension
    Seated DB Reverse Flye

What do you guys think?

looks good, you wanna bulk up?

Comment

I dont care for the split, but your routine looks good as far as the exercises go. One thing id suggest, on your back/chest day, consider pullups to be your compound, doing them first and moving onto other back exercises afterwards. Body weight pullups, eventually moving onto weighted pullups.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
        looks good, you wanna bulk up?
        Yeah thats the idea... I didnt really lift heavy all summer so I took about 4 weeks of moderately heavy lifting and plan on bulking for the next month and a half.... nothing crazy mostly to try and just gain strength.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          I dont care for the split, but your routine looks good as far as the exercises go. One thing id suggest, on your back/chest day, consider pullups to be your compound, doing them first and moving onto other back exercises afterwards. Body weight pullups, eventually moving onto weighted pullups.
          I wanted to focus a lot more on my legs because they have gotten noticeably weaker and its been bugging me. I dont like having chest and back on the same day because they are both very exhausting body parts to work, but it works best for now.

I was considering doing weighted pull ups instead of BB rows but ultimately decided I'd try rows. Its still a trial and error thing if after 4 weeks I dont like the results I'll probably switch it up

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            I wanted to focus a lot more on my legs because they have gotten noticeably weaker and its been bugging me. I dont like having chest and back on the same day because they are both very exhausting body parts to work, but it works best for now.

I was considering doing weighted pull ups instead of BB rows but ultimately decided I'd try rows. Its still a trial and error thing if after 4 weeks I dont like the results I'll probably switch it up
            Just food for thought, might i suggest a push/pull/legs split. Hits everything twice a week, gives it time to recover/grow, and rest your body completely one day a week. Ill just throw a routine together for you, using the exercises you want to do, jsut to give you something to think about. (it may take a week or two for you to get into the swing of the split, for your body not to be sore for your next workout, etc)

Day-

1. Chest/shoulders (workout A)
            2. Back/Tri's (workout B)
            3. Legs/bi's (workout C)
            4. Chest shoulders (alternate workout A)
            5. Back/triceps (workout B)
            6. Legs/bi's (alternate workout C)
            7. Rest

^ Personally i dont like to do triceps with chest day, or bi's with back day. They are already fatigued by that point, and i cant hit them as hard as i want/can as opposed to if i wait and hit them the next day. PLus, you get to his them extra (two bicep days, and they get hit on back days).

Workout A;
            -Barbell Bench
            -Db incline
            -Shoulder press (arnold presses are good)
            -Dips
            -Db flys
            -cable flys
            -Lat raises
            -Bent over flys

Alternate workout A
            -Barbell Incline
            -Db bench
            -shoulder press
            -dips
            -Db flys
            -Cable Flys
            -Lat raises
            -Bent over flys

Workout B
            -Pullups
            -BB rows
            -Lat pull down
            -Shrugs/upright rows
            -Db rows
            -Skullcrushers (triceps)
            -Db overhead tricep extensions
            -Rope/cable pull down's

(as far as your lower back, alot of the deadlifts(good mornings/sldl's specifically) youll be doing on leg day will be hitting them good, assuming your technique is good.

Workout C
            -Squat
            -Romanian Dead Lift 2 x 5-6
            -Glute Ham Raises 3-4 x 6-8
            -Single Leg Exercise 2-3 x 6-8
            -Heavy Core Work
            -and whatever bicep exercises you want to throw in there.

Alternate Workout C
            -Deadlift
            -Good Morning 2 x 5-6
            -Glute Ham Raises 3-4 x 6-8
            -Single Leg Exercises 2-3 x 6-8
            -Heavy Core Work
            -Biceps

I made alternate workouts on A, mainly because of the differences/importance of switching up BB's and dumbells on your chest presses (incline and reglular).

Just food for thought. Obviously, play around and find what works best for you.

Comment

Awesome feedback man, much appreciated bro.

I'll definitely refer back to this if I dont like my current routine as I do have a little concern doing back and chest on the same day. But since I'm basically doing maintenance on my back, arms, and chest it may not be too bad. I'm going for for big PRs on my squats and deads.

But yeah I basically did a complete overhaul from my last bulking cycle to try something different so you may be right and I'm gonna have to switch it up at some point.

Comment

I'd replace Military press with strict standing overhead press, and I'd also add Arnold Press on shoulder day and DB pullovers on one of those days (it really fits with back AND chest).

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
                  I'd replace Military press with strict standing overhead press, and I'd also add Arnold Press on shoulder day and DB pullovers on one of those days (it really fits with back AND chest).
                  I actually do have overhead press instead of military I changed it in my word document and just forgot to change it here.

DB pullovers good call that would probably work better

I wanted to add prowlers into one of the leg days but the gym I'm at now doesnt have one

Comment

Prowlers are good, they'd fit on leg day. But, I'd really take a long hard look at Arnold press. I consider myself more of a weightlifter than a boxer, and I can safely say that Arnold press (if done RIGHT) is the best shoulder exercise I've come across. Hits all three heads of your delts, hits your traps, and even your lats.

Comment

Working...
                    X