No announcement yet.

Changes in the Amir Khan fight!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in the Amir Khan fight!!!!

Due to Scott Harrison's withdrawal from his scheduled fight on Saturday there has been rumours that Amir Khan's fight has been upgraded to a title shot. It is said that Khan and Drilzane will now fight at light welterweight for the IBF Intercontinental belt in a ten round clash on Saturday. This information is from www.frankwarren.tv.

Can Khan handle the jump in weight and if he wins will he be under more pressure to fight better opponents before he is ready?

Khan current record 9-0-0
    Drilzane current record 10-3-0
    Last edited by gangland_kingpi; 12-09-2006, 09:44 AM.

Originally posted by gangland_kingpi View Post
    Can Khan handle the jump in weight and if he wins will he be under more pressure to fight better opponents before he is ready?
    no to tha first part, yes to the second. he should have stayed at lightweight..maybe he'll even move back down if a title shot comes along.

i think there will be pressure on him to fight better opponents anyway, cos even though its only been around one and a half years, he's been followed from the start and the average itv viewer will be wondering why he's not like world champion already.

Comment

Due to Scott Harrison's withdrawal from his scheduled fight on Saturday there has been rumours that Amir Khan's fight has been upgraded to a title shot. It is said that Khan and Drilzane will now fight at light welterweight for the IBF Intercontinental belt in a ten round clash on Saturday. This information is from www.frankwarren.tv.

Khan current record 9-0-0
      Drilzane current record 10-3-0
      his opponent aint won any fight by ko.
      i cant see it going the distance.
      good luck to Drilzane though, id like to see him win!

Comment

[QUOTE=rooq;1975658]no to tha first part, yes to the second. he should have stayed at lightweight..maybe he'll even move back down if a title shot comes along.

i think there will be pressure on him to fight better opponents anyway, cos even though its only been around one and a half years, he's been followed from the start and the average itv viewer will be wondering why he's not like world champion already.[/QUOTE]

What do you think? Is it too soon for him to be under such pressure?

Comment

What do you think? Is it too soon for him to be under such pressure?
          we'll have to wait and see how he performs against above-average fighters he's expected to beat easily, and how he does when things don't go his way. until he's properly tested i can't be sure.

Comment

Working...
          X