Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the UK really just 'the US's voice in the EU'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the UK really just 'the US's voice in the EU'?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...eaving-EU.html

I mean I know UK-US are homies and all, but does London just serve as Washington's ambassador to Brussels.

Many folks are upset at this.

America can suck my dick and Obama can polish my nuts. That **** set back the bust of Churchill and declared France their closest allies, use them for your 'voice' in EU.

Britain needs to get out of the EU ASAP, this country is going down the drain and when Romania join, we'll have fallen a few more notches down.

Comment

I dont know the inner workings between London and DC, but for a prominent figure to state what was said so openly is a bit of an insult to the UK as a sovereign nation.

Comment

Worse, shameless Cameron didnt he tell him to mind his own business.

Comment

The more accurate terminology is, "America's largest immobile aircraft carrier."

Comment

Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              The more accurate terminology is, "America's largest immobile aircraft carrier."
              Wouldn't that be Japan?

Comment

We have been Americas b1tch for a long time. In political terms at least.

However most of what they are saying about us becoming isolated by leaving the EU i believe to be true. Unless we are willing to give up any role in global politics then we need have allies. However condescendingly they did it the Us have clearly stated they would deal with the EU over an isolated UK.

Comment

At the moment the UK has the EU and the US as partners. Now if they leave the EU, they only have the US but then the UK would not be AS valuable to them because they would not have influence in the EU which is a lot more important than just the UK.

Comment

EU dosen't have a bright future. The cultural and economical differences between northern and southern europe are to great. A northern european union would be more stable and more able to take decisions. Staying in and leaving the EU both present problems to the UK. Without access to the internal market UK:s export would have a harder time...

Regarding the role as US voice, France blocked UK entry for a long time because they thought UK was to close to US...

Comment

Working...
                    X