No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tua vs Barrett Rematch on August 13, Likely in Manukau

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tua vs Barrett Rematch on August 13, Likely in Manukau

The rematch between David Tua and American Monte Barrett has been confirmed. Tua was lucky to escape with a controversial draw the last time the two fighters met almost a year ago in Atlantic City. Tua's manager and wife Robina Tua says the rematch is finally going to go ahead.

[Click Here To Read More]

War Barrett do it one more time

Comment

Wow Tua is still fighting. Will this be televised? I haven't seen a Tua fight in a long, long time.

Comment

Good to hear that Tua's returning to the ring for the second time this year. In his last outing against Demetrice King, Tua looked decent, was in good shape and got some good rounds in en route to his 10 round unanimous decision.

Barrett on the other hand drew in his last fight against some journeyman ( I forget his name) and he looked totallly shot.

I'm hoping Tua makes quick work of Monte and then moves on to bigger and better opponents.

Comment

thought barrett retired after the tua fight

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
            thought barrett retired after the tua fight
            So did a lot of people. So much so, that there was a big write here on Boxingscene stating Barrett "did it his way" and commending him on long and nicely fought career...

Here it is:

http://www.boxingscene.com/monte-bar...-fought--29285

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
              War Barrett do it one more time
              I was at the first fight and Barrett showed up in amazing shape and fought brave, eating some big Tua left hooks. Monte knocked Tua down for the first time in his career, which was exciting. Everyone there thought Monte won the fight.

Comment

Ike Ibeabuchi will fight a meaningful heavyweight fight before David Tua, I've said it since 2004 and it's true today.

Comment

I'm gonna go. It's only a 10 minute drive to the venue from my place and with a bit of luck, Monte might try his top rope somersault again! WAR TUA!!!! WAR SOUTH AUCKLAND CHUR CHUR!!!!!!

Comment

would be televised will it??

Comment

Working...
                    X