No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bailey-Alexander Heading To San Antonio, New Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bailey-Alexander Heading To San Antonio, New Date

By Jake Donovan - It looks like the welterweight title fight between Randall Bailey and Devon Alexander will have a new home, as well as a new date.

Multiple sources have confirmed to Boxingscene.com that the Showtime-televised card will now take place in San Antonio. Previous reports of the fight landing in Memphis – as told to RingTV’s Lem Satterfield by Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer – were true at the time, but a strange turn of events has the card now traveling due southwest.

The change in location means that the show will now move back two weeks to September 22, off of its original September 8 date. A scheduling conflict in the San Antonio venue forced the show to move dates in order to preserve the location, which is OK with one of the participants.

“I’m fine with whatever’s going on. Changing dates don’t matter to me,” commented Bailey, who makes the first defense of the welterweight title he won with a dramatic 11th round knockout of Mike Jones this past June. [Click Here To Read More]

Good. Now it won't go head to head with Ward vs Dawson

Comment

I hope Bailey KO's Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Good. Now it won't go head to head with Ward vs Dawson
        I wasn't aware that was the original date. Also good that it's in TX now. The further from MO the better, if you know what I mean.

Comment

damn, i got fam in SA. depending on the undercard, i might just consider taking a trip to go catch this.

EDIT: i just realized matthysse/olusegun is going to be on the undercard. i'm there!!
          Last edited by chiguy91; 07-31-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Bailey wasn't winning a decision anyway, should have been no issue with the fight being in MO, but the venue was probably booked on the new date. I understand people don't like seeing Devon being at home all the time, but he is one of the few guys out there who is able to draw a hometown crowd, what is wrong with that?

I know Texas has good fans, but who is gonna show up to this?

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              Bailey wasn't winning a decision anyway, should have been no issue with the fight being in MO, but the venue was probably booked on the new date. I understand people don't like seeing Devon being at home all the time, but he is one of the few guys out there who is able to draw a hometown crowd, what is wrong with that?

I know Texas has good fans, but who is gonna show up to this?
              We as fans understand this but from Bailey's point of view as a fighter I can completely understand not wanting to go into another man's backyard where he's already got two generous decisions. Especially since Bailey is a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                damn, i got fam in SA. depending on the undercard, i might just consider taking a trip to go catch this.

EDIT: i just realized matthysse/olusegun is going to be on the undercard. i'm there!!
                Is Matthysse vs Olusegun gonna be televised??

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post

i spoke too soon, there's the answer to my question lol. St louis has had some great crowds, but Texas also has good boxing fans so hopefully the turn out is good

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    Is Matthysse vs Olusegun gonna be televised??
                    i'm like 99.9% sure it is, it should be! knowing how gbp does showtime cards, televising multiple fights, there will probably be a triple header that night on showtime.

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                    i spoke too soon, there's the answer to my question lol. St louis has had some great crowds, but Texas also has good boxing fans so hopefully the turn out is good
                    yeah, i was at his last fight in stl, got to sneak up to like the front row and watch broner/perez before the main event started and seats filled up. great crowd that night, alexander def succeeded in attracting his hometown to come out to the fights.
                    Last edited by chiguy91; 07-31-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X