Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Sturm: Is This Just a Late Career Tease?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Felix Sturm: Is This Just a Late Career Tease?

by Cliff Rold - Fighters of exceptional talent don’t always become fighters of exceptional reach. In a sport full of markets insulated by geography, the evidence abounds. The bridge from national to international star is narrow and not everyone can pass.

Not everyone tries.

Felix Sturm has won three alphabet titles at Middleweight, one WBO and two WBA. He was an Olympic representative for Germany. In 2004, he tried. In the eyes of many, he got screwed and sent home.

Sturm put his WBO Middleweight belt on the line against Oscar De La Hoya, a Del La Hoya challenge of the then-real Middleweight king Bernard Hopkins hanging in the balance. There were some who saw the contest even, many more that felt Sturm won, and almost none were making a case for De La Hoya winning the fight.

De La Hoya won the fight.

Sturm hasn’t been back to the States since. He didn’t need to return. His fans back in Germany loved him even more after the De La Hoya debacle and his star grew. With quick hands and one of the game’s best jabs, Sturm could have tempted fate and found a road back towards Bernard Hopkins (or Jermain Taylor, or Kelly Pavlik, or Sergio Martinez). [Click Here To Read More]

I like Felix, though he fights poor opposition, lost vs Macklin but got the "gift". got screwed vs DLH...will beat AA @ 160...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      I like Felix, though he fights poor opposition, lost vs Macklin but got the "gift". got screwed vs DLH...will beat AA @ 160...
      How do you know he'll beat AA at 160 ? Nobody has beaten him at that weight.

Plus the fight will be at 168 so your post is irrelevant.

Comment

I hate Felix Sturm. He sucks and is a pussy ass bitch who only fights bums in his backyard. He's one of the few fighters that I actually hate. I can't wait until this faggot gets knocked the fuck out again. I'm gonna watch his first fight with Javier Castillejo tonight.

Man, I really do hate this guy.

Comment

This guy needs to get with it...he has held 3 belts and NEVER fought the linear champion and been around since Hopkins was champion
          Last edited by Larry the boss; 08-31-2012, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
            That's hilarious. Abraham would have knocked that bitch made faggot the fuck out. Abraham isn't going back down to 160 but even if he did, Felix wouldn't fight him. This guy is a total joke. He's almost as pathetic as Sven Ottke.

Comment

There are plenty of fights they didn't mention like Pirog,Mundane,Gurrero or Taylor now i'd like to see.

Comment

I don't think Sturm is a bad fighter at all. But the career choices he has made will never give him the credibility he probably would've earned facing the division elite and settling for a few more losses. You don't have to retire undefeated to be looked back on as a great fighter.

Comment

Sturm ain't dumb. He came and beat De La hoyas ass and got robbed. He went home and made money. I don't blame him for only fighting in Germany cuz he's a draw. Didn't he jus knock out Zbik who Chavez Jr had problems with? Yea he did. He's making smart business decisions and tryin to unify at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by beast702 View Post
                    Sturm ain't dumb. He came and beat De La hoyas ass and got robbed. He went home and made money. I don't blame him for only fighting in Germany cuz he's a draw. Didn't he jus knock out Zbik who Chavez Jr had problems with? Yea he did. He's making smart business decisions and tryin to unify at the moment.
                    I understand where you're coming from. But what he does for his bank account at the expense of the overall picture at 160 pounds, is ridiculous.

Boxing fans don't care (or shouldn't at least) what makes sense for a boxer and the millions of $$ that they are going to make by NOT fighting top opposition.

Comment

Working...
                    X