No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Walsh Injured, Withdraws From Ricky Burns Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Walsh Injured, Withdraws From Ricky Burns Clash

Liam Walsh has been forced to withdraw from his WBO World Lightweight title challenge against champion Ricky Burns after suffering a back injury in a car accident earlier this week.

The unbeaten Cromer star, 26, was due to face Burns on Saturday 15th December at the ExCeL London, but after receiving expert medical advice he has been told to rest and not resume training for four weeks.

Burns, from Coatbridge in Scotland, will still headline Frank Warren's big multi-title show with the third defence of his title against a new challenger to be announced shortly.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I am ecstatic.

I actually wished that Walsh would get injured and God has answered my pleas!

Thank the fuckin' Lord that his intervention stopped this atrocity from ever happening.

Comment

maybe burns can go and fight somebody that is on his level then. but i doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
        maybe burns can go and fight somebody that is on his level then. but i doubt it.
        I'd rather he boxed Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum than Walsh.

Comment

Injured? Or did Frank realise this was a fight no one wanted to see?

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            Injured? Or did Frank realise this was a fight no one wanted to see?
            I thought the latter mate but whatever the cause, it's a great conclusion!

Burns did look a bit embarrassed in the press conference for the fought, I really hope the opponent is credible. If we hear nothing in the next 2 weeks, fear the worst.

Comment

It was a good domestic fight, not a major one. I hope Walsh heals up soon, hes a nice lad.

I agree Burns should be frying bigger and better fish, scots-style.

Comment

I probably shouldn't say it but damn that is a relief, this was a horrific match I had literally zero interest in. Hope they get a half decent replacement in.

Comment

Who can they get in on short notice? Well, fairly short notice.

Lenny Zappavigna from Oz is a name that springs to mind. Not a great fighter but the Aussies always talk up a good fight.

Otherwise I suspect we'll see an Argentinean with a high kayo %age & no names on his record. Step forward Matias Ezequiel Gomez

Comment

Working...
                  X