No announcement yet.

important inquiry for losing weight and energy levels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• important inquiry for losing weight and energy levels

Hey, just wondering how many calories I should be consuming to shed fat and weight. I weigh about 250lbs at the moment, (was at 275lbs in the summer).

a year and a half ago, I was cut and weighed 208lbs. I gained ned a lot of weight because I was taking paxil. No Matter what I did at the time I was on paxil, the weight slowly crept on and wouldn't budge. I heard paxil was hard on the liver and metabolism, so I tapered off of it. It took a while, but now my metabolism seems to be getting back to normal.

So now I'm trying to get my weight back to the way it was so I can effectively box again. I've been hitting the gym hard. Monday, Wednesday and Friday of boxing training for 2 and a half hours for each of those days. I also weight lift after the boxing training. I run about 3 miles each on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I am currently 250lbs and 6'1 in height. What should be my caloric intake to prevent m body from feeling tired and sluggish all the damn time? Lately I my body has been feeling very weak.
    I apologize for the length of this message, but please, I'd appreciate some responses. thanks

Originally posted by x-y-z View Post
    Hey, just wondering how many calories I should be consuming to shed fat and weight. I weigh about 250lbs at the moment, (was at 275lbs in the summer).

a year and a half ago, I was cut and weighed 208lbs. I gained ned a lot of weight because I was taking paxil. No Matter what I did at the time I was on paxil, the weight slowly crept on and wouldn't budge. I heard paxil was hard on the liver and metabolism, so I tapered off of it. It took a while, but now my metabolism seems to be getting back to normal.

So now I'm trying to get my weight back to the way it was so I can effectively box again. I've been hitting the gym hard. Monday, Wednesday and Friday of boxing training for 2 and a half hours for each of those days. I also weight lift after the boxing training. I run about 3 miles each on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I am currently 250lbs and 6'1 in height. What should be my caloric intake to prevent m body from feeling tired and sluggish all the damn time? Lately I my body has been feeling very weak.
    I apologize for the length of this message, but please, I'd appreciate some responses. thanks
    Stick with the anti-depressant. It shouldn't effect your metabolism in any way.

It could be making you feel the fatigue though. Look into taking some b vitamins - namely b12 (check your contraindications between b12 and paxil though) and double your intake of water throughout the day. Also, instead of having large meals, have six or seven small CLEAN meals. ie granola, fruit, salads, chicken.

basically just try to cut 250 calories per day from your diet and do as much cardio as you can. you should notice losses almost immediately.

one thing i always push - green tea. it's just awesome for weight loss.

Comment

change from long runs to circuit training for a month, see if you notice a difference. the differences will be noticeable for a man of your size.

google ross training

Comment

minimum calories that you'd need is some where around 2500 to 3000. how many are you eating in day at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
          Stick with the anti-depressant. It shouldn't effect your metabolism in any way.

It could be making you feel the fatigue though. Look into taking some b vitamins - namely b12 (check your contraindications between b12 and paxil though) and double your intake of water throughout the day. Also, instead of having large meals, have six or seven small CLEAN meals. ie granola, fruit, salads, chicken.

basically just try to cut 250 calories per day from your diet and do as much cardio as you can. you should notice losses almost immediately.

one thing i always push - green tea. it's just awesome for weight loss.
          I did a lot of research on anti depressants and found that they are big offenders of weight gain. I've also read that they are very hard on your liver, so I'm still very skeptical about taking paxil. I don't want to go back to not losing weight.

Comment

minimum calories that you'd need is some where around 2500 to 3000. how many are you eating in day at the moment?
            To be honest, I haven't been keeping track of my calorie intake, but I have been eating a lot less than usual. I'll try to consume 2500-3000 a day and see if that helps my energy levels. I do rigorous boxing exercises and been running on fumes as of late, so it must be because of my calorie intake. Oh and I'll definitely try the green tea. Thanks for letting me know about that. Do you recommend a certain brand?

Comment

I did a lot of research on anti depressants and found that they are big offenders of weight gain. I've also read that they are very hard on your liver, so I'm still very skeptical about taking paxil. I don't want to go back to not losing weight.
              but it's prescribed for a reason. do you want to risk your mental health over a few pounds?

Comment

To be honest, I haven't been keeping track of my calorie intake, but I have been eating a lot less than usual. I'll try to consume 2500-3000 a day and see if that helps my energy levels. I do rigorous boxing exercises and been running on fumes as of late, so it must be because of my calorie intake. Oh and I'll definitely try the green tea. Thanks for letting me know about that. Do you recommend a certain brand?
                regarding the tea: don't bother to get one that says "diet" on it. that's just a gimmick. if you've got a chinese grocery near you just grab whatever they have. add sugar or honey for a bit of flavour. drink it in the morning and after noon. it will also help with your energy levels as well as digestion (another reason you could be fatigued, extra fecal matter being carted around).

Comment

but it's prescribed for a reason. do you want to risk your mental health over a few pounds?
                  Lol yeah you're right, but I wasn't really depressed, just used it as a pick-me-up.

Comment

regarding the tea: don't bother to get one that says "diet" on it. that's just a gimmick. if you've got a chinese grocery near you just grab whatever they have. add sugar or honey for a bit of flavour. drink it in the morning and after noon. it will also help with your energy levels as well as digestion (another reason you could be fatigued, extra fecal matter being carted around).
                    Thanks for the advice sir. I do have a Chinese shop nearby, I'll check it out. I appreciate the advice and prompt responses.

Comment

Working...
                    X