No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren's Card at Liverpool's Echo is Called Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren's Card at Liverpool's Echo is Called Off

BoxingScene can confirm that this Friday's W.Promotions Ltd. show at Liverpool's Echo Arena has been called off. British Super flyweight champion Paul Butler was set to headline the show and would have been supported by Stephen Smith, Callum Johnson and Joe Selkirk, amongst others, but they will now wait for new fight dates to come through.

[Click Here To Read More]

Warren's dead in the water. If he wants to get out of this intact he'll have to trim sails. Ideally (for the fans at least) he should sell stakes in BoxNation to the other major promoters apart from Eddie Hearn; that way it could become a water-cooler for much of British boxing, rather than Warren's personal mouthpiece. Otherwise his business as it is at the moment will just implode, it's too unwieldy and cash poor.

Comment

wow , another cancelled show. stephen smith's twitter revealed it this morning , you can tell he was pissed off with the situation

Comment

Thankfully it wasn't the April 20th event.

I'm looking forward to Chisora-Pala which should be an entertaining, competitive fight.

Comment

Callum Johnson signed pro with Naz as his manager... now he has not fought in a year, been pulled from 6 shows so far............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......................................... **** promoter.

Comment

Frunk is about as popular in Liverpool as that rag he writes articles for and only marginally more popular than Thatcher!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
              Warren's dead in the water. If he wants to get out of this intact he'll have to trim sails. Ideally (for the fans at least) he should sell stakes in BoxNation to the other major promoters apart from Eddie Hearn; that way it could become a water-cooler for much of British boxing, rather than Warren's personal mouthpiece. Otherwise his business as it is at the moment will just implode, it's too unwieldy and cash poor.
              Sensible.

Btw. Is this George Groves' account?! ;-)

Comment

I only signed up here so I can type Frank Warren's name.

Frank Warren. Frank Warren. Frank Warren. Ah that feels good. So so good. Stick it up your chutney hole, Frank Warren.

Comment

Warren is really ruining the careers of a lot of talented fighters, Callum Johnson & Joe Selkirk, just to name a couple...

He's in dire straits after losing his big prospects and even a world champion in Ricky Burns. You'd think that with having off-loaded so many he'd focus on what he's got left but he's not doing a good job of it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunster101 View Post
                    I only signed up here so I can type Frank Warren's name.

Frank Warren. Frank Warren. Frank Warren. Ah that feels good. So so good. Stick it up your chutney hole, Frank Warren.
                    green k, chutney-hole

Comment

Working...
                    X