No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Hungry For Malignaggi, But Not Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Hungry For Malignaggi, But Not Matthysse

Former champion Marcos Maidana (33-3-0, 30KOs) wants to fight WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi in 2013. Malignaggi is scheduled to defend his title on April 27th at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Maidana says a single phone call can get the fight done.

"Next year I want to fight for the world title. I'd like to meet Paul Malignaggi. I have no problem [fighting him]. Just call me and I will fight," Maidana said.

Malignaggi's mandatory is Maidana's countryman Diego Chaves. Maidana does not believe Chaves is experienced enough for an opponent like Malignaggi.

[Click Here To Read More]

i think Lucas is would beat maidana

because

if the *** Chin of Brandon Rios would have a baby with Maidanas Power )))

its name would be Lucas Matthyse

Comment

Looking forward to the next Maidana scrap, Mathysese has things to do at 140 before he moves up. Would be an epic war down the line.

Comment

I'd like to see Maidana vs. Malignaggi, thats a pretty exciting fight.

Comment

Matthysse-soto and Maidana-Karass were 2 of the best fights of the year in 2012. With Malignaggi in the mix, any combination of these fighters fighting should be exciting to see.

Comment

It's very evident that Maidana is scared shi/tless of Lucas and has publicly ducked him numerous times.

For a so called "warrior" Madiana sure gets a pass on a lot of ducking and dodging.

Didn't wanna grant Ortiz a rematch.
            Fakes a back injury to not fight Bradley.
            Fakes another injury to not fight Guerrero.
            And now is ducking his fellow countryman, who has vocally expressed his interest in fighting Marcos, and robbing the fans of a potential fight of the year.
            Last edited by _original_; 12-31-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Everytime the question pops up, Maidana never seems keen to fight Matthysse. It would be a total war which I think Matthysse wins.

Anyway, Maidana's at welterweight now so it only makes sense for him to pick up a strap the easiest route possible via Malinaggi.

Comment

Who, in their right mind, would be hungry to fight Lucas?

Comment

Timing for both of them was bad...

They could have fought when they both were at 140 but they didn't want to for various reasons...

they both have respect for one another and would probaly rather fight at the later/end stages of their career in Argentina... - hopefully weight won't be a problem though...

Catch weight?

Comment

Argentine fighters are pretty good

Comment

Working...
                    X