Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer wizards: I need your help on choosing my new laptop.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Computer wizards: I need your help on choosing my new laptop.

I don't do any gaming. Don't use complex editing or music programs. I stream a bunch of shows and movies, and dl tons of music though. I just need a good mid-to-high end everyday laptop. I'm looking at the Gateway NV53A82u right now.

Specs on it are:
    *AMD Phenom II Dual-Core N660 3.0GHz processor and 4GB of DDR3 Memory
    *15.6-inch HD Widescreen Ultrabright TFT LCD Display (1366 x 768 resolution)
    *320GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard drive and DVD-Super Multi Dual Layer drive
    802.11b/g/n wireless
    *HDMI, USB 2.0, Multi-in-1 Media Reader
    I'm looking to spend not a dime over $600...and this is on sale at tigerdirect for $429. Is there a better deal I can get out there? Or is this just right for what I'm looking to spend and what I'm looking to use it for?

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
    I don't do any gaming. Don't use complex editing or music programs. I stream a bunch of shows and movies, and dl tons of music though. I just need a good mid-to-high end everyday laptop. I'm looking at the Gateway NV53A82u right now.

I'm looking to spend not a dime over $600...and this is on sale at tigerdirect for $429. Is there a better deal I can get out there? Or is this just right for what I'm looking to spend and what I'm looking to use it for?
    Don't buy a MAC under any circumstances .....

just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac310 View Post
      Don't buy a MAC under any circumstances .....

just sayin
      I already know bro...I'm on my girl's Macbook pro right now. It's a decent computer but it lags, and I don't think it should for a $1200 price tag.

Comment

Unfortunitely the more you spend, generally the better you will be able to will be able to stream shows and movies. Alot depends on your internet but the rest is up to what you are on.

Comment

This is a very good deal man. It can do all you mentioned very easily. And the 15.6 inch screen for that price is good. I assume it comes with windows 7 which is badass and my fav os so far. I never had a gateway before so I can't speak in terms of that but as far as specs, os and price wise its a very solid buy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            This is a very good deal man. It can do all you mentioned very easily. And the 15.6 inch screen for that price is good. I assume it comes with windows 7 which is badass and my fav os so far. I never had a gateway before so I can't speak in terms of that but as far as specs, os and price wise its a very solid buy imo.
            Yeah it comes with the 64-bit Windows 7 os. Im not well-versed in processors but from what I've read the AMD Phenom it comes with is much faster than Core i3's and some i5's.

Comment

Bro, you can get such a good deal with Dell.

All you have to do is call and haggle with them. The peeps get paid on commission, so they're willing to work out a deal.

My cousin haggled with dell and he got a sweet deal for $550 with 2 day shipping.

Comment

Or if you don't even wanna haggle with the nigs you can still go dell and get a better deal.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15r/fs

the one for $549.99

It comes with 500 gb hard drive space
                intel core i3 380m which is faster than the phenom n660.
                64 bit windows 7
                720p led display
                and an intel centrino b/g/n

it'll last you a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Executioner View Post
                  Or if you don't even wanna haggle with the nigs you can still go dell and get a better deal.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15r/fs

the one for $549.99

It comes with 500 gb hard drive space
                  intel core i3 380m which is faster than the phenom n660.
                  64 bit windows 7
                  720p led display
                  and an intel centrino b/g/n

it'll last you a while.
                  That seems like a good deal. I've always been wary of Dells tho. The ones I've encountered seem to not be built too well. What were the specs of your cousins Dell?

Comment

That seems like a good deal. I've always been wary of Dells tho. The ones I've encountered seem to not be built too well. What were the specs of your cousins Dell?
                    uhh..

I'd have to check bro.

But I do know he has the core i5 processor. lol

And I've never had any problems with dell, I've had 3 dells and have never had a problem with any of them (sold them all by now).

I have now moved onto sager, but sager is a tad ahead of ur price range.

Comment

Working...
                    X