Report: BOTH New Xbox and PS4 Will Be Shown At E3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: BOTH New Xbox and PS4 Will Be Shown At E3

New Xbox and PS4 Will Be Shown At E3

Information comes from "100% concrete, ultra high level" source.
    UK, January 6, 2012

UK games industry outlet MCV has reported that both the next Xbox AND the PlayStation 4 will be shown at this year's E3 in June.

This isn't the first time that a publication has cited an unnamed source with information like this, but this isn't some unknown central European games blog - MCV's credibilty makes this particular report worth paying attention to.

Speaking on Twitter, MCV's online editor Ben Parfitt said "Obviously we can't reveal our sources. But you have my personal word on this - the source is exemplary, 100% concrete, ultra high level."

We shouldn't necessarily expect a full-blown reveal, though - we might just see the announcement. Editor-in-Chief Michael French told IGN: "This is very credible. Even if we don't see the hardware itself, or know a price or date, key publishers and developers are expecting some nod towards what direction PS4 will take at E3 this year. Sony isn't stupid - it knows that if Microsoft is planning to also say something about its next console, it can't be left behind."

Many were expecting Microsoft to come out on stage at E3 with some information about the new Xbox, but Sony's reveal would be more surprising, as a new console at this stage in the PlayStation 3's life cycle would fly in the face of the company's stated "ten-year plan".

If both Sony and Microsoft do indeed reveal their new consoles at the same time as Nintendo details the release schedule and pricing for the Wii U, this would quite probably be the biggest E3 in history.

IGN
    Let the war begin...

Also, Nintendo must feel stupid.. they were planning on releasing the next next gen console WII-U to destroy ps3 and 360 and then MS and Sony both plan on showing there's as well, this was NOT the plan for Nintendo!

Hasn't the wii already destroyed both 360 and ps3 on sales?

Comment

What ever happened with this, was it ever shown?

Comment

Obviously didn't happen.

I'm still happy with the 360 and ps3, halo 4 proved there is still life in this generation

I do think we will see the next consoles next year though and they will most likely release in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Obviously didn't happen.

I'm still happy with the 360 and ps3, halo 4 proved there is still life in this generation

I do think we will see the next consoles next year though and they will most likely release in 2014
          But why, what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            But why, what happened?
            Teh PS4 isn't coming out until 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              But why, what happened?
              Nothing happened it was just a rumour

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Nothing happened it was just a rumour