Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's fight that made u think his the GREATEST technical boxer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd's fight that made u think his the GREATEST technical boxer!

which floyd fight made u confirm his the most skilled technical boxer in the world!

Get the party rolling, name one better....

Comment

I do not think he's the most technically sound fighter of all time.

Whitaker, Benitez,R. Lopez, SSR all better technically.

Not even close IMO.

Comment

Wat do you mean, didn't you see what he did to Marquez? The #2 fighter pfp in the world. He fathered him cold like. Look what he done to Gatti, Gatti was a boss & world beater smashin elite fighters left & right. Don't even mention the shilacking he gave to Sharmba. He won every second against baldomir who totalled Judah man. Floyd is the absolute best atg beater ever.........seriously.

Comment

I never thought he was the best technical fighter ever but I do think he's the best technical fighter of the last ten to twenty years. According to compubox he definitely is but I'm not going by that just by what I've seen with my own eyes.

Comment

I really don't think Floyd is that technical a boxer. Yes he has great understanding of technical boxing, but he's not really a pure technical boxer.

Comment

There really isn't one fight.

It's the fact that he's faced EVERY conceivable style, and emerged victorious.

It's the fact that he's SWITCHED his style in various fights (and within fights) and emerged victorious.

He can truly do it all, and adapt to all.

Castillo, Judah, Hatton, De La Hoya, Chavez, and N'Dou are all MUST see fights to truly understand Floyd.

If you want to see him destroy his opponent with little fear theres always the infamous Gatti, and Corrales beatings.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I really don't think Floyd is that technical a boxer. Yes he has great understanding of technical boxing, but he's not really a pure technical boxer.
                He's pretty sound technically.

He may not rely and have a style completely based of being fundemental and technical like Harold Johnson or Ricardo Lopez and doesn't go 'by the book' at times and abandons his jab and relies on reflexes but I would say he's definitely very very sound technically especially when he fights with a high guard.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  I do not think he's the most technically sound fighter of all time.

Whitaker, Benitez,R. Lopez, SSR all better technically.

Not even close IMO.

Actually it's quite close but I can see how you would rate them over him. But it is definitely close, no question about it. But I don't disagree with you putting them above him.

On Topic: Zab Judah

Comment

It's not a single fight.... it's an accumulation of fights. He approached different fights with very different styles. It's only after analyzing many fights that I draw the conclusion that he's the most skilled and technically sound fighter ever. The numbers recorded in the degree that he has dominated his opponents are only one of the irrefutable facts that stand testament to that.

Comment

Working...
                    X