joe frazier vs mike tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joe frazier vs mike tyson

Who would win?
    They both had similar styles and both were roughly the same height, this would be a one hell of a brawl.

Iīm thinking Frazier. This has been debated on this forum before, and alot of people tend to believe Tyson would knock out Frazier early because of what Foreman did to him. I beg to differ. Foreman just overwhelmed Frazier and threw him around like a rag-doll. Tyson can punch almost at Foreman level, but is not that strong. Also, he lacks the heart needed to trade with Frazier.

Tysons only chance would be to take "Smokin Joe" out early, and I donīt believe he could. He would maybe knock him down a few times and take the first two rounds, but Frazier would get up and keep on coming. Tyson would lose his cool and give up. At this time, Frazier starts "smokin" and from here on out it would be all Frazier. Tyson would be in for a beating.

Frazier by late tko.

Comment

Originally posted by M26
      Iīm thinking Frazier. This has been debated on this forum before, and alot of people tend to believe Tyson would knock out Frazier early because of what Foreman did to him. I beg to differ. Foreman just overwhelmed Frazier and threw him around like a rag-doll. Tyson can punch almost at Foreman level, but is not that strong. Also, he lacks the heart needed to trade with Frazier.

Tysons only chance would be to take "Smokin Joe" out early, and I donīt believe he could. He would maybe knock him down a few times and take the first two rounds, but Frazier would get up and keep on coming. Tyson would lose his cool and give up. At this time, Frazier starts "smokin" and from here on out it would be all Frazier. Tyson would be in for a beating.

Frazier by late tko.
      frazier was to small for tyson, tyson would destory him.

Comment

Originally posted by kapersky
        frazier was to small for tyson, tyson would destory him.
        I donīt think so. Frazier and Tyson was similar in size. Frazier was 5'11 and fought at aprox 205 lbs in his prime. Tyson was 5'11 and fought at aprox 210 in his prime. Not a big difference. So this would be decided on heart, will and power. Tyson would hit harder, but I donīt think he was stronger. Frazier had better stamina and tons of heart. Tyson would be to weak mentally to mix it up with Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by M26
          I donīt think so. Frazier and Tyson was similar in size. Frazier was 5'11 and fought at aprox 205 lbs in his prime. Tyson was 5'11 and fought at aprox 210 in his prime. Not a big difference. So this would be decided on heart, will and power. Tyson would hit harder, but I donīt think he was stronger. Frazier had better stamina and tons of heart. Tyson would be to weak mentally to mix it up with Frazier.
          still smaller and shorter, nobody(beside holyfield but those extra pounds from tyson was on his legs and you dont box with legs)who didnt had all those two benefit would got detroy by tyson. joe was a great fighter but he is not even close to a prime tyson.
          Last edited by kapersky; 04-30-2005, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Frazier was taller and had a longer reach. And what do you mean you don't box with your legs? Leg strength is of huge importance in boxing. Kapersky you need to do more research. Tsk tsk tsk.

Comment

ok, here the real stats
              Frazier and tyson were the same height, 5,11.
              Frazier's prime weight was 205 pounds, while tyson's prime weight was 216 pounds.
              Tyson would win because he was a very fast combination puncher with good accuracy, and tremendous power to knockout anyone out.
              He was more aggresive than joe and could use both hands to knock someone out, thats why sometimes he turned southpaw.
              Joe only really relied on his left hook and was pretty **** with his right, he wasn't great at combinations because he only threw one punch at a time while tyson threw 3 or 4 punches.
              Mike tyson had tremendous handspeed and had a left hook just as good as joe's, he was explosive in his prime and very hard to hit.
              Although mike tyson's chin wasn't the greatest neither was joe's.
              In fact joe had an average chin, but great heart, if george foreman could knout out joe i'm pretty sure tyson could have done it as well.
              Joe frazier was an awesome proven champion in his time but he was no mike tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
                Frazier was taller and had a longer reach. And what do you mean you don't box with your legs? Leg strength is of huge importance in boxing. Kapersky you need to do more research. Tsk tsk tsk.
                i mean basically joe is smaller than tyson. yes you need legs but those legs tyson had after rooney was untrained. look at holyfields legs its smaller than a average cruiserweight. he could weight 215pounds but still taller and bigger than tyson.

Comment

While Mike Tyson was probably the meanest fighter I have ever seen and overpowered most everyone in his prime, he lacked chin. Smokin Joe would have beat Tyson's body to a pulp and taken him out.

Comment

joe frazier also lacked chin, but both were very good body punchers.
                    i'd go with tyson in the body punching area

Comment

Working...
                    X