Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lebedev-Jones Possible For Dec. 17, Bakhtin-Darchinyan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lebedev-Jones Possible For Dec. 17, Bakhtin-Darchinyan?

According to a couple of local media outlets, including "Izvestia" daily, athe long-awaited showdown between WBA cruiserweight champion Guillermo Jones (38-3-2, 30 KOs) of Panama and his mandatory challenger, WBA #1 and interim titleholder Denis Lebedev (24-1, 18 KOs) is tentatively set for December 17 at Crocus City Hall in Myakinino, Moscow, Russia. "Izvestia" cites Lebedev's manager/promoter Vladimir Hryunov as the source.

[Click Here To Read More]

Even though Lebedev has had some troubles with tall boxers, I think he will pull this one out by a wide margin.

Darchinyan is risking to get robbed by fighting in Moscow against pretty tough undefeated and protected fighter...and for what? for IBO ? which is not even considered a world title belt...

Comment

PLEASE let this fight come off this year! Was supposed to be happening in a few weeks.

Jones was talking about fighting some mandatory in Columbia or something next month, but hopefully they just go ahead and make the fight happen now! One of my more anticipated fights of 2012.

Excellent juxtaposition of styles here: The outside boxer/puncher in Jones, and the technical puncher in Lebedev. I call Lebedev a technical puncher, because he's not just a crude brawler, or slugger who goes in face first loading up on every shot wildly. I say this with room for interpretation, but Lebedev's style is similar to Lucas Matthysse's style.

Don't be fooled by Jones' age either, he's a very young 40, and is still able to throw 700 punches a fight, and box well, with accuracy, and power. Watch his fight on yoube against Arslan.

I expect lebedev to win by stoppage around the 11th round. . .

Comment

Bahktin/Darchinyan is a PEACH of an undercard fight as well. .

GREAT card. . Right before Xmas too! Xmas spirit, and season will be in full effect, as we get to watch a nice little boxing card! LOVE IT!

Comment

boxing in a foreign,inactivity vs a failry good guy could b Jones' downfall...

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
            Bahktin/Darchinyan is a PEACH of an undercard fight as well. .

GREAT card. . Right before Xmas too! Xmas spirit, and season will be in full effect, as we get to watch a nice little boxing card! LOVE IT!
            I feel the same way. This is a fight I've been wanting to see to for a while now and the added Darchinyan undercard just makes it that much better after his latest win.

Comment

Guillermo Jones will never go to Russia to fight Lebedev.

I heard he backed out of his warm-up fight with Taylor.

Comment

lebedev is a beast he will take some stopping imo

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Guillermo Jones will never go to Russia to fight Lebedev.

I heard he backed out of his warm-up fight with Taylor.
                  Not a surprise..... The surprise would be if the WBA stripped Jones

Comment

I almost passed out.

Comment

Working...
                    X