No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Keeping Pacquiao Focused In Wake Of Typhoon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach Keeping Pacquiao Focused In Wake Of Typhoon

Trainer Freddie Roach has tried his best in the aftermath of a catastrophic typhoon that has devastated parts of the Philippines to help keep Manny Pacquaio focused on his Nov. 23 fight against Brandon Rios.

Pacquiao’s training camp in General Santos City, far south of where Typhoon Haiyan did immense damage in the central portion of the Philippines, was not affected by the destructive storm. But the tragedy obviously has taken an emotional toll on Pacquiao, a congressman and one of the most popular, influential figures in his homeland. [Click Here To Read More]

I don't know how to react to it. I get it he has a huge comeback fight in a couple weeks and should be 100% focused.

But On 1 hand I think he's a congressman so his first priority should be helping his fellow countrymen whethers it's donating his time or $$ to help whatever way he can.I don't care if it's not his district some things come before sport this being one of them. Im glad he's not just going there for a photo op but come on man This is the type of tragedy that people with power and $$ should be doing their best to help any way they can.

The media makes Manny to be a man of the people but if that was the case hed put his full attention on this situation. But this Makes me kind of believe that he's just like every other politician and is more concerned with his best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      I don't know how to react to it. I get it he has a huge comeback fight in a couple weeks and should be 100% focused.

But On 1 hand I think he's a congressman so his first priority should be helping his fellow countrymen whethers it's donating his time or $$ to help whatever way he can.I don't care if it's not his district some things come before sport this being one of them. Im glad he's not just going there for a photo op but come on man This is the type of tragedy that people with power and $$ should be doing their best to help any way they can.

The media makes Manny to be a man of the people but if that was the case hed put his full attention on this situation. But this Makes me kind of believe that he's just like every other politician and is more concerned with his best interest.
      Maybe reacting to it is not necessary. Have you considered that option?

Comment

After actually reading your post beyond the first sentence, it is clear to me that reacting was necessary in your case. Any chance you can get to express your hatred of Manny Pacquiao is an absolute necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by Adolf H View Post
          Maybe reacting to it is not necessary. Have you considered that option?
          Maybe react was the wrong word. Maybe I should have said I don't know what my opinion is but what did I say that you thought was wrong? I just read the article gave my 2 cents. I just think if your an elected official and your in it for the right reason it's time like these that should get your full attention.

Sidenote: The fact that your name is Adolf H Which you may think is funny or cool makes you come across a f@ggot.

Comment

I don't hate Manny do I think his good guy persona is media created yeah him and Oscar but I'm not going to take anything away from the guy in the ring In his prime he was great.Not really a fan of his but respect him at his craft view him the same way I do Tom Brady I'll probably be rooting against him but acknowledge his greatness. But I'm not like some people on this site who think he walks on water, heals the sick and turns water into wine.

Comment

I think he made the right decision, he send money and people and if he proceed with the fight he can even send more because he'll earn more. If he cancel the fight they will lose money and he can't help them. Physically there is very few thing he can do there.
              Last edited by Jerzz; 11-13-2013, 09:36 PM. Reason: type error

Comment

U were going good, in the first part of your Post....
                Until the Moralizing nonsense at the End!!!
                Pac has always Given to his People,
                Might be why he's been reported to have a Case of the $$$ Shorts!!!
                that's probably why he's going to give them a GIFT of a, good old fashion A$$ Kicking on the 23rd!!!
                Last edited by jbpanama; 11-13-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

You must be quick to forget that when Manny fights. The philippines stops and watches. Their one night of misery can bring great joy and hope. It'll be considered the "rise" of the champion. Stupid to most of us but it may help his countrymen in need of some time to not stress over what is happening.

He will obviously send people and money. I'd be dumb-founded if he didn't look at his options and cause & effect of him going there. If he doesn't go shortly after the fight, then you can b*tch and moan.

Plus, I think celebs like Justin Bieber got spotted trying to get photo ops.

Comment

And your sorry Ass, is going to decide what Pac's Priorities Should Be???
                    Your Post is #1, Stupidest Post, for 2013....
                    That's is quite an achivement, sense Flint Posts here too!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X