No announcement yet.

Don King and the mafia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don King and the mafia

ve heard in the past that DOn King had some connections with the mob,but cant find a lot of info bout the situation,so i took various parts from various articles...

The one-time Yuppie Don(Michael Franzese) said he decided to go to Sharpton to introduce his new business partner to King.
    His involvement with Sharpton came about in 1983 when he was snagged by the FBI sting investigating mob control of boxing. Franzese says he thought he was steering a reformed South American drug dealer into the boxing business.

"It was really about the [boxing] business and getting into a deal with [promoter Don] King," Franzese recalled, of his talks with Victor Quintana, who turned out to be an undercover FBI agent.

Guy wanted to invest

Franzese said Quintana presented himself as a former cocaine dealer who wanted to go legit and invest his money in boxing "at a very high level."

Don King refused to clarify what his relationship was with Mafia Godfathers Paul Castellano and John Gotti.
    Michael Franzese, testified that he was present when King told Castellano, who then ran New York City, they'd "Never lose money on any deal they had together."
    There are facts also showin that King was in the illegal numbers business in Cleveland with organized crime figure Moe Dalitz and Cleveland Mob.Heres a small part from an article on sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

"These people were looking to launder illicit cash—to run their gains from gambling, thievery and the like through the spin cycle of some legitimate enterprise so they could pull them out later, clean and fresh, and declare the money as earned income. And two, boxing, of all the sports, was perhaps the most accommodating laundromat, what with its international subculture of unsavory characters who play by their own rules and its multimillion-dollar promotions ever in need of some major financing.

As I sat at my desk through the final hours that day, going through those intelligence reports, I believed that King was involved with the wiseguys."

That's some very interesting stuff. I knew don king was crooked but I didn't thing it got this big.

Comment

Don King killed 2 two people. One he got away scott free and the second he only did 4 years which for a black man in the 1960s to get such a lenient sentence and the murder charge reduced to manslaughter means he really had some shady **** going on paying off that judge. You cant even kill somebody and get only 4 years today.

"Don King was born in Cleveland, Ohio. After dropping out of Kent State University, he ran an illegal bookmaking operation, and was charged for killing two men in separate incidents 13 years apart. The first was determined to be justifiable homicide after it was found that King shot Hillary Brown in the back and killed him while he was attempting to rob one of King's gambling houses.[1] King was convicted of second degree murder for the second killing in 1966 after he was found guilty of stomping to death an employee, Sam Garrett, who owed him $600.[1] In an ex parte meeting with King's attorney, the judge reduced King's conviction to nonnegligent manslaughter for which King served just under four years in prison.[2] King was later pardoned for the crime in 1983 by Ohio Governor Jim Rhodes, with letters from Jesse Jackson, Coretta Scott King, George Voinovich, Art Modell, and Gabe Paul, among others, being written in support of King.[3]"

That governor is a damn fool for pardoning him and Jesse Jackson is an idiot for supporting don king. Don King steals money from black fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Don King killed 2 two people. One he got away scott free and the second he only did 4 years which for a black man in the 1960s to get such a lenient sentence and the murder charge reduced to manslaughter means he really had some shady **** going on paying off that judge. You cant even kill somebody and get only 4 years today.

"Don King was born in Cleveland, Ohio. After dropping out of Kent State University, he ran an illegal bookmaking operation, and was charged for killing two men in separate incidents 13 years apart. The first was determined to be justifiable homicide after it was found that King shot Hillary Brown in the back and killed him while he was attempting to rob one of King's gambling houses.[1] King was convicted of second degree murder for the second killing in 1966 after he was found guilty of stomping to death an employee, Sam Garrett, who owed him $600.[1] In an ex parte meeting with King's attorney, the judge reduced King's conviction to nonnegligent manslaughter for which King served just under four years in prison.[2] King was later pardoned for the crime in 1983 by Ohio Governor Jim Rhodes, with letters from Jesse Jackson, Coretta Scott King, George Voinovich, Art Modell, and Gabe Paul, among others, being written in support of King.[3]"

That governor is a damn fool for pardoning him and Jesse Jackson is an idiot for supporting don king. Don King steals money from black fighters.
        I bet they got paid to do it. Or he had dirt on Jackson

Comment

you know he paid off the judges

Comment

Working...
          X