Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

This doesnt go for everyone on this site, but certainly the majority of you. There really isnt any other exciting fighters out there currently at the moment, and without Floyd being involved in this sport boxing would be incredibly bland right now.

For starts, the outstanding majority of you wouldnt check the latest news or frequent this site nearly as much (as evidenced by the fact that even Floyd's "haters" spend more time talking about him then they do about their own alleged favorite fighters). That's because there arent any fighters out there right now who can match his skill level or ability to create interest in the sport.

It should also be noted that if he decided to retire, PPV revenue would plummet to unseen lows. And to those of you who are gonna use the "Manny 'I have other people make my decisions for me' Pacquiao is still a big draw" card, the fact is that the reason he has so much hype behind him is because people are intrigued to see him fight Floyd. If you take Mayweather out of the equation, the interest in Pacquiao fades out.

I'm not saying that without him the sport would die out permanantly, because although no other fighter would be able to fill his shows right now (as far as boxing ability, camera savviness, and creating headlines goes), there will be others who will eventually rise to the top. But given boxings current state, and current crop of fighters out there right now, we're all incredibly lucky to have a fighter like Money Mayweather running the show. Without him this sport would be hurting worse than most of you probably care to admit.

this is not exactly a secret.

Comment

Mayweather and Pacquiao are the 2 most popular fighters in the world so of course every fan as an opinion on them. To say that most people wouldn't be fans and boxing PPV's would plummet is BS. When a fighter retires the popularity shifts on to another fighter it's happened throughout boxing history. Boxing always has a face of the sport that is known worldwide.

Comment

This site is just going lower and lower.
        When someone takes there time to write a man-love letter to mayweather saying he is the only reason 90 percent of people watch boxing.....man o man. I seriously was waiting to read "and I will stay down on my knees for the rest of my life to service your needs" at the end of your post.

I am a mayweather fan, a pacquaio fan, more importantly a fan of BOXING!!
        When Mayweather leaves the sport there will be another, there always is and always will be "another"

Some of you are some talented nut jugglers. SMH

Comment

There is quite a few people that only watch boxing to love or hate Mayweather but 90%, on a boxing website.....no. Floyd hasn't been that popular for that long. Not to mention globally Manny is very big, much bigger than Floyd. Casual fans that base their boxing watching on Floyd and Manny don't go to these kind of websites.

Comment

I followed boxing before Floyd Mayweather.

I will carry on following boxing after Floyd Mayweather.

Fan boys are not real boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
              This doesnt go for everyone on this site, but certainly the majority of you. There really isnt any other exciting fighters out there currently at the moment, and without Floyd being involved in this sport boxing would be incredibly bland right now.

For starts, the outstanding majority of you wouldnt check the latest news or frequent this site nearly as much (as evidenced by the fact that even Floyd's "haters" spend more time talking about him then they do about their own alleged favorite fighters). That's because there arent any fighters out there right now who can match his skill level or ability to create interest in the sport.

It should also be noted that if he decided to retire, PPV revenue would plummet to unseen lows. And to those of you who are gonna use the "Manny 'I have other people make my decisions for me' Pacquiao is still a big draw" card, the fact is that the reason he has so much hype behind him is because people are intrigued to see him fight Floyd. If you take Mayweather out of the equation, the interest in Pacquiao fades out.

I'm not saying that without him the sport would die out permanantly, because although no other fighter would be able to fill his shows right now (as far as boxing ability, camera savviness, and creating headlines goes), there will be others who will eventually rise to the top. But given boxings current state, and current crop of fighters out there right now, we're all incredibly lucky to have a fighter like Money Mayweather running the show. Without him this sport would be hurting worse than most of you probably care to admit.
              gayweather is not even an exciting fighter hes just a drama queen. people WATCH normal fighters so there's not much to talk about. floyd stans get so excited about his personal life and such so its amusing and entertaining for the rest of us to make fun of you and him.

Comment

You're a ****ing ****** bro.

Comment

this is just getting sick....almost pedo sick

Comment

thats odd i remmeber myself being more into boxing when Floyd was on his 2 year retirement.

Comment

Working...
                    X