Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think cotto improved with steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think cotto improved with steward?

I know it was just one fight fight but i thought he looked very good

what do you think of the new polished up cotto. he has a great jab tbh, one of the best at the moment

Too soon to tell. Not everyone at 154 is as light-hitting as Foreman and that's where the real test lies.

Comment

I think Cotto's confidence is back, which is what you need along with your physical skills. I like the Steward / Cotto combo. The next fight I believe is when we'll really see it put to work.

Comment

Cotto always had a good jab,the problem was his decipline!!Cotto looked good the last fight & when Floyd refuses to fight Pacman,the Stewart-Cotto combo is gonna be put to the test when him & Pacman fight for the title at 154!!

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
          I know it was just one fight fight but i thought he looked very good

what do you think of the new polished up cotto. he has a great jab tbh, one of the best at the moment
          Cotto will always have a problem like most boxers do - if somebody doesn't fight his pace he will have problems...

There only a few fighters right now who can fight every rhythym - most boxers today can only fight their own rhythym. Against guys like Pac, Margarito he will always loose, because he doesn't decide at which rhythym...

Guys like Judah and Clottey are prime examples for that - if they can fight in their own rhythym they are pretty good but as soon as the meet someone where they can't control the rhythym they loose.

Comment

Originally posted by jkaisen41 View Post
            Cotto will always have a problem like most boxers do - if somebody doesn't fight his pace he will have problems...

There only a few fighters right now who can fight every rhythym - most boxers today can only fight their own rhythym. Against guys like Pac, Margarito he will always loose, because he doesn't decide at which rhythym...

Guys like Judah and Clottey are prime examples for that - if they can fight in their own rhythym they are pretty good but as soon as the meet someone where they can't control the rhythym they loose.
            It's more about bullying him, to beat Cotto you have to make him go backwards, it's common knowledge in the boxing world.

Guys like Pac and Marg pushed him backwards, bullied him instead of allowing him to move forward.

I think Stewart can polish somethings up, much like Robert Garcia can with Marg but it's very hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Comment

His footwork may be better, but as IMDAZED said, it might too early to tell, because clearly Foreman was not on Cotto's level.

His jab was always well timed and educated though, Steward isn't responsible for that.

Comment

I dont think he looked any better. but on the other hand, I expected him to look worse after his loss to Pacquiao, but he more or less stayed the same. So I would say that Steward did a solid job.

Comment

We'll see when he faces Margo!

Comment

He has improved, it could mainly just be from the weight gain but i donno.

But people are overrating Cotto just a lil bit i find, he's not the class "A" fighter some ppl think he is

Comment

Working...
                    X