No announcement yet.

Question to religious people.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to religious people.

Would a person who is not a part of any religious group, but believes in God, and lives a "good" life go to heaven or hell?

God knows whether a man is genuinely good or not.

Comment

I lol at the concepts of heaven and hell. I can't believe people still believe in religion. Be good and be up in the clouds or be bad and face the eternal flames

Comment

If you look closely you'll see that religions tend to equate "good" with membership of that specific cult. If you're not a member of the cult then you're not "good" therefore you get punished. Religion has nothing to do with rewarding virtue, it simply rewards membership and adherence to doctrine.

Comment

Hopefully BPP and RR go to hell so they can set up boxingscene for my arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            If you look closely you'll see that religions tend to equate "good" with membership of that specific cult. If you're not a member of the cult then you're not "good" therefore you get punished. Religion has nothing to do with rewarding virtue, it simply rewards membership and adherence to doctrine.
            That's why even if I did believe in God, I would never be part of any organized religion. I can't say there is 100% no God, I don't know I'm not dead. Even if there is, if I didn't get into Heaven because I didn't join your blood sucking church then I'm glad to be in Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

It's not hard to be good.

Respect life, Respect others, don't be selfish, don't be greedy, don't be arrogant, Love your family.

I don't need religion to tell me that. God taught it to me without using a priest.
              Last edited by Paclan; 06-09-2012, 06:47 AM.

Comment

I speak to God through virtue, and I don't care who believes it or not, but he speaks back.

Not in words, but his answers are better than any language can speak.

I'm just letting this out cuz you addressed religious people lol. I don't normally force my religion down anybody's throat.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
                  Would a person who is not a part of any religious group, but believes in God, and lives a "good" life go to heaven or hell?
                  God is inside each one of us, not in church only or any religious building
                  you need God you use the power of prayer and he listens.

quoted from user: Paclan
                  Respect life, Respect others, don't be selfish, don't be greedy, don't be arrogant, Love your family.
                  (couldn't of said it any better)

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
                    The only sin that is unforgivable in Christianity, is the denial of God/Christ.

You can do everything else, steal, kill, rape, cheat, assault, lie, as long as you repent you will have forgiveness and be able to go to heaven.

But if you live a good life, helping people, caring for those less fortunate than yourself, being honest and truthful always and doing what is morally right, but you deny God/Christ, you will spend eternity in Hell.

As Freddie said, if God is like that, then *$%* him and *$%* Heaven too.

Comment

Working...
                    X