Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Hopkins' Shoulder Really Dislocated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Hopkins' Shoulder Really Dislocated?

I'm not convinced. I think the injury they were looking for was separation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq1YYYbO5Ec

The doctor actually says dislocation. As far as I'm aware a dislocation is visible. It means your shoulder is out of its proper location. Separation type 1 i believe is not always visible. The joint is just separated... not dislocated.

it was announced by the dr. at hospital in LA post-fight to be a AC shoulder SEPARATION, not dislocation.

Comment

No it was not dislocated, he wouldn't be able to keep his arm straight, let aone shrug his shoulders in to show Kellerman the difference between his shoulders in the post fight interview.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
        it was announced by the dr. at hospital in LA post-fight to be a AC shoulder SEPARATION, not dislocation.
        explain the report by dr sam thurber tweeted by dan rafael that i showed in the video that reads "dislocation".

Comment

i dont now but i dont belive it....i think he was looking for a Dq win or atleast a no contest so he can keep his belt and get paid for a rematch....to me , bhop simply quit!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
            explain the report by dr sam thurber tweeted by dan rafael that i showed in the video that reads "dislocation".

really? i thought hopkins posted pictures that showed it as separation. . . also, the initial article on boxingscene stated it was AC separation. . . *shrugs*

haha ay are you mr opal from youtube? dude your videos are CLASSIC! CLASSIC!
            Last edited by UglyPug; 10-18-2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
              really? i thought hopkins posted pictures that showed it as separation. . . also, the initial article on boxingscene stated it was AC separation. . . *shrugs*

haha ay are you mr opal from youtube? dude your videos are CLASSIC! CLASSIC!
              Yes... thank you. I'm aware of the reports of a separation and a little confused because they don't coincide with dr thurber's report.

Comment

Yeah it was a separated shoulder. That was the medical reports on ESPN after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Yeah it was a separated shoulder. That was the medical reports on ESPN after the fight.
                  The report said dislocation... not separation.

Comment

I dont beleive it, but if its true that will learn him not to lean on people

Comment

Working...
                    X