Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Berto loses should Pac-SSM be for the lineal belt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Berto loses should Pac-SSM be for the lineal belt?

What do you guys think? How long does PBF get to hold it without fighting? If Ortiz wins does he pass SSM at 147?

well considering mosley had a 16 month lay off and kept his belt, mayweather is good for another 5 months

Comment

according to ring magazine Ortiz is not top ten, so if Berto were to lose which he won't, Zaveck would be your number 4, then is mosley loses Zaveck goes to three, then if ring takes Floyd off, bet your ass Pac fights Zaveck instead of Marquez

Comment

yes if berto loses, it will be for the Rin Belt and it should be

Comment

Shane Mosley did not fight for 16 months kept his belt and his p4p ranking, if Berto loses mosley will only be number thebe number three and not it shouldn't be for the lineal or ring

Comment

A guy who lost his last fight in that weight class fighting for a lineal title? Doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
              Shane Mosley did not fight for 16 months kept his belt and his p4p ranking, if Berto loses mosley will only be number thebe number three and not it shouldn't be for the lineal or ring
              There's a reason Shane kept his ranking for that long

Floyds getting dropped May 2nd, like it or not making Shane #2 if Berto loses

Comment

there is no good reason in my mind, I'm glad you can see the future and know some inside info. but the problem is Berto is not losing. and there is no way ring can justify mosley being number 2, unless they are crooked oh wait maybe they are already

Comment

What Floyd has to be beaten or gone for longer for it to be for the lineal belt

Comment

Theoretically, it would make sense. I mean, Shane is fourth at the current moment, with Berto in the three spot and Mayweather in second. Manny is number one. If Ring Magazine decided to drop Mayweather, it wouldn't be bias, as they have more stock in Mayweather than they do Manny at this moment. They would only be dropping him due to inactivity.

So, this would move Berto and Mosley up one spot. Make Mosley third at this point. If Berto were to lose, then Mosley becomes the number two guy by default, as Ortiz isn't even in the top ten, so I doubt he jumps up to the second spot with just that win.

Hell, even if Berto loses and they don't drop Mayweather, it could be for the championship. Floyd had it but retired. Legit or not, that means the championship is vacant. (Otherwise, you could retire and come back at a higher weight and technically never lose the belt. Or just retire and never come back and the title would still be yours. Obviously, doesn't work that way.)

According to The Ring Magazine rules (which have been set for a LONG time) a number 1 and a number 3 fighting can be made for the championship under certain circumstances. Circumstances isn't greatly defined, but I assume that this COULD apply. The fight simply can't be made at this point between Manny and Floyd. If it could have been, it would have been. Therefore it makes sense to make this for the championship, provided Berto loses. It could entice Mayweather and Pacquiao to fight as it only adds to the entire event.

Still, I have my doubts that this happens. Which is fine. Even if the championship were on the line in a Mayweather or Pacquiao bout at Welterweight, it settles nothing. The best Welterweight in the world will only be determined when Floyd and Manny fight. Until then, this question is unanswered and the belt wouldn't settle the issue any more or any less.

Comment

Working...
                    X