Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton's Obsession with Mayweather Continues...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton's Obsession with Mayweather Continues...

From BBC Sport:

Ricky Hatton has revealed he is changing his nickname to "The Manchester Mexican" ahead of his fight with Jose Luis Castillo.

The boxer formerly known as "Hitman" plans to enter the ring dressed in a poncho and sombrero when he comes up against the Mexican in Las Vegas later this month.

Hatton, who is fighting Castillo for the nominal IBO light welterweight belt, insists the stunt is not designed to wind his opponent up.

He told Nuts magazine: "I've got a lot of fans in Mexico and I've got a good friendship with their former world champion Marco Antonio Barrera.

"So, the idea is just to broaden that Mexican fanbase by coming into the ring dressed as 'The Manchester Mexican', with the sombrero and poncho.

"Whenever I go to see Marco fight, his fans come up to me for pictures and say: 'Hey, Ricky, you're the white Mexican!'

Hatton's in good company

"I'm only 5ft 6ins myself, but you feel like Gulliver when you go to Mexico! They're all hard people. They come from hard backgrounds and that's why they can all fight like crazy."

Didn't Mayweather just do this a month ago?

If he does this, then yes he is biting Floyd's style.

Comment

Except Mayweather fights nothing like the traditional Mexican way, whereas Hatton does, or at least he did..... (cue Hug-a-ton childishness from a load of 16 year olds who should go back to school)

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusWolf View Post
        Except Mayweather fights nothing like the traditional Mexican way, whereas Hatton does, or at least he did..... (cue Hug-a-ton childishness from a load of 16 year olds who should go back to school)
        But don't you find it strange that he decides to come to the ring dressed this way after Mayweather has just done it?

Comment

i really think hatton looks up to mayweather... i'm 100% serious

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            i really think hatton looks up to mayweather... i'm 100% serious
            I think so too. I think Mayweather is his idol...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
              I think so too. I think Mayweather is his idol...
              There is nothing wrong with having great respect for a fellow rival. They are many fighters who don't respect any fighter, in fact many are completely delusional about their status in the world of boxing, that ain't Ricky, he seems a great guy.

Comment

yah hes really copying floyd :S
                mayweather did this to wind up a huge mexican crowd on there national holiday who was there to watch 1 fighter and that wasnt mayweather.
                on the other hand hatton is doing this out of respect towards hes mexican ring rival and a mexican who is a great friend in barerra

Comment

a black man will never be a mancs idol

Comment

Hatton's Obsession with Mayweather Continues...

And so does $in's obsession with Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                    X