No announcement yet.

My first experience in a boxing gym.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first experience in a boxing gym.

I finally went to a boxing gym. me and a couple friends decided to walk down to check it out tonite . I was soo excited. we walked in , and asked if we cud check it out. the place was deserted due to golden gloves . we wer given a tour of the musty gym (think apollo creeds gym in rocky 3 , but smaller) he first showed us all the equipment, and then told us to try the speed bag lol. none of us hit it more than 3 seconds lol. next he told us to go in the ring and get the feel. alot softer than i thought.
    i couldnt believe wat was happening, i had only expected them to giv us a membership form lol. next, he held out the pads and told us combos to hit them , like he shouted " one, two", "two jabs" "gimme 4!" "gimme 6!", my friends didnt really understand the orders., But me i knew, thanks to the ppl on this forum!
    last but not least , we wer given registration forms. as we walked out i found i couldnt get rid of the grin that was on my face.
    Last edited by IronNick; 03-30-2007, 07:45 PM.

Nice, I should be going sometime this week or when I get back from vacation.(I would have gone a while ago but my mom is being a pain about me going)

Anyways, I'm really excited. I hope that I get to do more besides just watch.

Comment

good luck, i need to get into a gym soon....

but my parents are holding out on it... they think ill get brain damage

Comment

As soon as I enter my gym (Gleason's Gym) I feel in love.. They have everything there. Theres alot of people there. Im looking for to be registered REAL soon. Get a record going on!

Good **** though. Sign that form and throw on the gloves and do you. Boxing is the best sport im telling you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickman949 View Post

I don't know how your arguments have gone, but tell them that training(excluding sparring) is basically risk-free. Sparring isn't much worse than playing football, in my opinion.

Comment

Nothing can be worse than my gym. It's 80 a month for that ****.. 60 if you're a registered fighter. Plus training.. It's seperate.. Puts a hole in your pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickman949 View Post

i feel ya man, my parents are like that too

Comment

Originally posted by kNIVEK2 View Post
                i feel ya man, my parents are like that too
                My mom is a little hesitant about me boxing(mostly because of the gym location i think), but the way I see it in 3 months I'll be 18, and in 5 or 6 months I'll be in college, so I can pretty much do whatever I want at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
                  Nothing can be worse than my gym. It's 80 a month for that ****.. 60 if you're a registered fighter. Plus training.. It's seperate.. Puts a hole in your pocket!
                  that is pretty damn expensive to be honest. i think this place i went to charges 30 a month or so. but then a gain ur gym might be of better quality.

Comment

Good luck man, iv had to find a new gym recently since moving house, but its all good since theres a boxing gym about 10 minutes run away from where i work.

They have boxing fitness a 5:30 to 6:30 and then Amateur training from 6:30 on would, so im thinking of joining up there doing the fitness class just to warm up aswell as doing the Amateur class, it all works out nicely for me though its much smaller then the other gym.

Comment

Working...
                    X