Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIGHTER OF THE DECADE the most prestigious award.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIGHTER OF THE DECADE the most prestigious award.

I think it's the most prestigious award that the boxer could ever have because they only give that award to the very best fighter of that decade like ALI, LEONARD, PACQUIAO....

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
    I think it's the most prestigious award that the boxer could ever have because they only give that award to the very best fighter of that decade like ALI, LEONARD, PACQUIAO....
    But, at times they don't give it to the most deserving guy. So how could it be the most prestigious if the guy who deserved it didn't win it?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      But, at times they don't give it to the most deserving guy. So how could it be the most prestigious if the guy who deserved it didn't win it?
      Why do u think that the guy isn't deserving when he's been voted majority by the most boxing experts, boxing analyst?

Comment

HBO, the Ring, BWAA, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated all picked the same man as Fighter of the Decade.

Fight Hype disagreed with all of the above. I guess the man those above chose is undeserving because Fight Hype thinks otherwise.

Comment

Why do u think that the guy isn't deserving when he's been voted majority by the most boxing experts, boxing analyst?
          I didn't say the guy didn't deserve it. I was saying that at times there were more deserving people.

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
          HBO, the Ring, BWAA, ESPN, and Sports Illustrated all picked the same man as Fighter of the Decade.

Fight Hype disagreed with all of the above. I guess the man those above chose is undeserving because Fight Hype thinks otherwise.
          Weird....Fight hype, ESPN, weren't around all the time.

WTF are you talking about? Fighthype? OK dumbass.

Comment

I didn't say the guy didn't deserve it. I was saying that at times there were more deserving people.
            Maybe u r right when it was a close race between them but when it was overwhelming just like pac and the rest then i think there's no controversy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by I am God
              soon as these same experts say something you dont like you're gonna try to discredit them,so its all subjective and pointless....who cares
              I don't argue with experts because they know more about me in boxing if i don't like what they say then so be it.

Comment

fuuck off *******.

41-0 > FOTD

Comment

Maybe u r right when it was a close race between them but when it was overwhelming just like pac and the rest then i think there's no controversy about that.
                  But, the Pac race was a close race. I thought Pac deserved to win but it was close. I mean if you go by the whole decade year by year who had the better year each year. You damn right it was close. I still think Pac had the edge.

However, that was not the decade I was talking about

There are times when is not even close yet the guy who deserves it doesn't get it. Like Emile Griffith deserved to win FOTD or also Carlos Monzon in the 70's deserved it more than anyone and it wasn't even close yet didn't get it. Duran also had a case for the 70's.

Point is if the most deserving guys don't get it. Then how could it be the most prestigious award?

Comment

jmm by brutal ko.

Comment

Working...
                    X