No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns' Return Delayed To Late February, March

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns' Return Delayed To Late February, March

Timing is everything when it comes to winning in the ring. Ricky Burns has conquered that aspect in spades in recent years, but the timing required for actually getting into the ring has proven to be a bear for the streaking lightweight titlist.

Yet another fight date has been pulled from under his feet, as a proposed January 26 title defense in Glasgow is no longer on the table. A projected return in late February or early March marks the third separate targeted next fight date for Burns, who hasn’t fought since his 4th round knockout over Kevin Mitchell last September.

[Click Here To Read More]

More tune ups for this bum. I can't believe a fighter in his absolute prime run away from the biggest fight of his career. *****.

Comment

Oh, so you come in in late Feb, or early March, so that after that fight, the May 4 Showdown with Broner on the Mayweather undercard is too soon to fight? I get it. Genius.

Comment

wow.......they just completely shut down that may 4th date.

just wow..............

Comment

The quicker Ricky gets rid of Morrison and Warren, the better. The lad wants to fight, and they taking the piss. Not only that, Ricky's fans are being taken for a ride as well.

Comment

They don't want him to fight Broner, plain to see.

Comment

Frank Warren wants no part of Broner. I think Burns gets beaten by Broner but I really want to see the fight

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Timing is everything when it comes to winning in the ring. Ricky Burns has conquered that aspect in spades in recent years, but the timing required for actually getting into the ring has proven to be a bear for the streaking lightweight titlist.

Yet another fight date has been pulled from under his feet, as a proposed January 26 title defense in Glasgow is no longer on the table. A projected return in late February or early March marks the third separate targeted next fight date for Burns, who hasn’t fought since his 4th round knockout over Kevin Mitchell last September.

[Click Here To Read More]
                Ricky Burns is fast becoming a joke and its all thanks to that fish face ****wit Fwank Warren,if hes not going to fight Broner set up a unification with Vasquez or something of that nature.Hes like the second coming of Joe Calzaghe fighting bums and bin men and fooling fans into thinking the fights are competitive for the quick buck.Not that its Rickys fault but he should try take control of his career a little more.

Comment

IDK what's worse, the fact that you were accused of ducking a guy and then saying "No there was no way I could make wait I want him next!" Then proceeding to do what everyone accused you of and BLATANTLY DUCK HIM.

Comment

People need to calm down.

I said months ago that Burns won't be fighting Broner next, he's not ready for him. Broner-Burns will happen this year though, probably in the fall of '13 - it's too big of a fight for it not to happen.

Cleverly is in a similar position, albeit quite a lot worse. He's a world champion fighting the competition a prospect would, he'll need a couple more years before he even fights anyone with a pulse.

It's no surprise both are managed/promoted by Warren. Can't fault him for getting Cleverly the world title but he wasn't ready and since winning hasn't proven shit. Burns is different, he came out of nowhere to beat Martinez and has earnt his belts.

Burns is a great guy too so I don't like to see him being the focus of all this hate, slate his management off.

Comment

Working...
                    X