No announcement yet.

Manny & Arum are boxing's CANCER

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny & Arum are boxing's CANCER

Follow the other cancer Floyd Mayweather and retire please.

There is no doubt that the sport will get a huge boost once they all retire.

bump . .

Comment

One thing I do believe is that boxing via Top Rank is stinking out the casual fans or potential new-comers by staging all of these mismatches in front of large crowds-some of which may be their first or second attempts at giving boxing a chance to redeem itself over the more brutal imaged MMA.

Arum will have a tough time converting fans to turn their attention,or turn them into rabid followers of the sport by airing this "dirty laundry".When even boxing fans say Pac/Clottey suck or Mosely/Manny sucked,then what chance is there to draw the new-comers????!!!

It is like having a bad experience at a reputable restaurant-you wont want to return,and if you do,there are only so many chances you are willing to give them before you give up!
      Last edited by damned1974; 05-08-2011, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Arum simply sucks at his job. We can only hope more guys follow Donaire's lead and leave his ass ASAP.

Comment

arum is the problem not pac imo. he is just way too greedy and is not easily convinced to co-promote. this is just getting out of hand slowly but surely. i mean if anyone wants to fight pac they have to quit their promoter and agree to inferior contract terms. so what else is next?!

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Follow the other cancer Floyd Mayweather and retire please.

There is no doubt that the sport will get a huge boost once they all retire.
            how is manny cancer? at least hes active. arum on the other hand, is cancer and i hope more fighters leave him like donaire.

Comment

Nah, The media and fans are the cancer in our sport, Until they decide to follow boxing instead of worshipping one fighter and actually call boxers and their promoters out instead of playing favourites and getting bribes from these promoters then boxing would never be at the level that it should be.

Comment

You moron Manny is not even close to being boxing's cancer.

Comment

Sure, he's just created more interest in the sport than anyone since de la hoya and tyson. mosley was a **** fight, but i know for sure de la hoya and tyson had fights which left people wondering why they wasted their money on their PPV, i was burnt a few times. i know mayweather stunk out not only the joint but the sport against baldomir and de la hoya. he survived, the sport survived to get even bigger. i didn't buy this pac ppv btw, not that stupid. fighters are entitled to a bad fight, especially manny who's entertained fans better than anyone recently. he'll fight marquez next and that will be a compelling fight

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                    One thing I do believe is that boxing via Top Rank is stinking out the casual fans or potential new-comers by staging all of these mismatches in front of large crowds-some of which may be their first or second attempts at giving boxing a chance to redeem itself over the more brutal imaged MMA.

Arum will have a tough time converting fans to turn their attention,or turn them into rabid followers of the sport by airing this "dirty laundry".When even boxing fans say Pac/Clottey suck or Mosely/Manny sucked,then what chance is there to draw the new-comers????!!!

It is like having a bad experience at a reputable restaurant-you wont want to return,and if you do,there are only so many chances you are willing to give them before you give up!
                    Nicely put!! Although I don't think it's just top rank! It's a lot of the fights that involve the top boxers of the world! Everytime there is a big fight to a big audience it's a stinker or a suspect fight.

Fights like DLH-Mayweather, Mayweather-Marquez, Pac-Clottey, Hopkins-Jones II or Pac-Mosley just do not do the sport any favours!

Would be nice if they put the same effort and money towards promoting fights that involve hungry fighters & not mismatches.

Comment

Working...
                    X