No announcement yet.

No boxer could have beat Mike Tyson on the 22nd of November, 1986

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No boxer could have beat Mike Tyson on the 22nd of November, 1986

On that night Mike Tyson was the best fighter to ever step into the ring, nobody could have beat him; he had it all: power, speed, determination, heart, aggression, everything.

In my view it is sad to see a lot of so-called boxing fans pretend to know Tyson was just a bully or a bum and they say he never beat a good fighter.

There might have been boxers with a better resume, a better record, but there is no one who could have been able to defeat a prime Tyson.

On that night Mike Tyson was the best fighter to ever step into the ring, nobody could have beat him
    Sorry but that is not true. I can think of quite a few boxers who would have beat any version of Tyson.
    Prime Foreman, Ali and Liston would all have schooled him that night.

You can't take Tysons performance over a less than decent champ to make such an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
      Sorry but that is not true. I can think of quite a few boxers who would have beat any version of Tyson.
      Prime Foreman, Ali and Liston would all have schooled him that night.

You can't take Tysons performance over a less than decent champ to make such an argument.

Tyson would have smashed Liston in 1 round. Gave Ali a boxing lesson, and forced the ref to the stop the fight when he's pulling off 8 punch combos on Big George.

No one beats a Pime "Iron" Mike Tyson.

Comment

These threads are so stupid. So and so was unbeatable on this night. No, he wasn't. He may have looked awesome, but someone could have beaten him. This goes for Tyson, Lewis, Holmes, Foreman, Frazier, Ali, Marciano, Dempsey, Louis, Jeffries, etc.

Comment

Oh, and Liston would **** Tyson up.

Comment

Originally posted by Frazier's 15th round
            These threads are so stupid. So and so was unbeatable on this night. No, he wasn't. He may have looked awesome, but someone could have beaten him. This goes for Tyson, Lewis, Holmes, Foreman, Frazier, Ali, Marciano, Dempsey, Louis, Jeffries, etc.
            Got you.

How do you know they could have beaten him? How?
            You say the thread was stupid, so is it smart to say my point was incorrect and to name a dozen boxers you could have beaten Tyson on that night?

Comment

Wat night was that? Im guessing its either the Spinks fight or Berbick.

Anyway, IMO, its kinda ridiculous to say any fighter is unbeatable based on one performance aginst one fighter. Maybe he looked absolutly great, and destroyed a highly rated fighter, but it was only one fight.

If Tyson met anuyone else, it would have been a different fight, with maybe a different outcome.

The question should be "How do u know he would have beaten anyone?"

To say on that ONE night he was the best fighter to ever step in the ring is a very farfetched statement.

Comment

You say the thread was stupid, so is it smart to say my point was incorrect and to name a dozen boxers you could have beaten Tyson on that night?
                I didn't list those guys as the ones who would beat Tyson (although all of them COULD), I mentioned them because they all usually have a fight in their career where they look unbeatable. I added Tyson to that list because you just mentioned him in this thread. They all had nights where they looked unbeatable, but they really weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77
                  Tyson would have smashed Liston in 1 round. Gave Ali a boxing lesson, and forced the ref to the stop the fight when he's pulling off 8 punch combos on Big George.

No one beats a Pime "Iron" Mike Tyson.
                  are you kidding...

mike, once asked which fighter he feared the most, replied with 'sonny liston'

with the mental struggle already in favor of liston, how do you think the fight would fare?

Comment

Originally posted by :Bobby:
                    On that night Mike Tyson was the best fighter to ever step into the ring, nobody could have beat him; he had it all: power, speed, determination, heart, aggression, everything.

In my view it is sad to see a lot of so-called boxing fans pretend to know Tyson was just a bully or a bum and they say he never beat a good fighter.

There might have been boxers with a better resume, a better record, but there is no one who could have been able to defeat a prime Tyson.
                    Hmm....a bit of an exageration here, bud. Mike was awesome; but it was against Trevor Berbick.

Some fighters to think about:

1.-The Jack Johnson who fought Tommy Burns.
                    2.-The Joe Louis who fought Schmeling in 1938.
                    3.-The Rocky Marciano who took the title from Walcott.
                    4.-The Max Baer who beat Schmeling.
                    5.-The Jack Johnson who fought Jeffries.
                    6.-The Muhammad Ali who fought Williams in 1966.
                    7.-The Joe Frazier who fought Ali in 1971.
                    8.-The George Foreman who fought Frazier in 1973.
                    9.-The Muhammad Ali who fougth Foreman in 1974.
                    10.-The Larry Holmes who fought Ken Norton in 1978.
                    11.-The Larry Holmes who fought Gerry Cooney in 1982.
                    12.-The Lennox Lewis who fought Andrew Golota.

These are just some examples of fighters I believe could have beaten the Mike Tyson of the Berbick fight.
                    Last edited by K-DOGG; 06-25-2006, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X