No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius vs Johnson? Dimitrenko Purse Bid Pushed Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Helenius vs Johnson? Dimitrenko Purse Bid Pushed Back

The purse bid for EBU heavyweight champ Alexander Dimitrenko´s mandatory defense against the Nordic Nightmare, Robert Helenius, has been postponed from October 31 to November 7. [Click Here To Read More]

what an accomodating injury !

it was crystal clear Dimitrenko would duck Helenius

Comment

I saw a video of Robert Helenius getting beaten unmerciful by Bermane Stiverne when they were amateurs on youtube. I do not buy the hype he has been generating lately given that performance. If he got his ass beat by Bermane Stiverne, the same guy we put up that sorry excuse for a performance against Ray Austine, than he is not what is advertised. I dont care if you say it is in the amateurs...it still counts. It shows the level he is at. If he was some kind of natural talent and the future of heavyweight boxing he would have mopped the floor with a a guy like Bermanie Shtivernie at any level- any day - any time- anywhere.

Comment

That's interesting because Kevin Johnson while not a top heavyweight can make most people look bad with his defensive style. Helenius has only been facing opponents who bring the fight to him, it'd be interesting to see him be the aggressor for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          That's interesting because Kevin Johnson while not a top heavyweight can make most people look bad with his defensive style. Helenius has only been facing opponents who bring the fight to him, it'd be interesting to see him be the aggressor for a change.
          This.

I actually think Johnson-Helenius is a very intersting fight. This guy was going life and death with Sam Peter before the KO. Helenius is still a sloppy fighter with bad defense. I seriously doubt he KO's Kevin Johnson and I wonder how he'll handle someone with Johnsons style.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
            This.

I actually think Johnson-Helenius is a very intersting fight. This guy was going life and death with Sam Peter before the KO. Helenius is still a sloppy fighter with bad defense. I seriously doubt he KO's Kevin Johnson and I wonder how he'll handle someone with Johnsons style.
            to beat Johnson, you have to focus on the body

Helenius throws some decent punches to the body sometimes, but he would have to train with body punching on his mind if he is to fight Johnson

that's my take

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
              I saw a video of Robert Helenius getting beaten unmerciful by Bermane Stiverne when they were amateurs on youtube. I do not buy the hype he has been generating lately given that performance. If he got his ass beat by Bermane Stiverne, the same guy we put up that sorry excuse for a performance against Ray Austine, than he is not what is advertised. I dont care if you say it is in the amateurs...it still counts. It shows the level he is at. If he was some kind of natural talent and the future of heavyweight boxing he would have mopped the floor with a a guy like Bermanie Shtivernie at any level- any day - any time- anywhere.
              Are you kidding me? In boxing history you can cite numerous example where two fighters met up in the amateurs and then in the pros yielding two very different results. The key word here is "amateurs" i.e. Helenius was not as experienced and learned in the sport at that point. As a pro Helenius has faced much better competition than Stiverne and if they met, I think by all accounts Robert would be the favorite...

As to the thread topic, we all knew Dimitrenko would find an excuse to duck Helenius; no surprise there. As for Kevin Johnson as an opponent, I like this matchup. KJ is tall like Helenius, uses his reach well and all around is a skilled boxer. Actually I give Kevin a good chance to win, Helenius sometimes stands straight and could be caught with Johnson's sharp shooting offense...

In any event, you got to applaud Helenius for taking tough fights against good opponents. He's still developing his craft and fighting top level opposition will help him in the long run..

Comment

i agree with you on this. i was saying a few weeks back kingpin needs to get busy with better guys but he is the new chris byrd.no one wants to fight him because of low pay\no reward but i give helenius lots of credit if he gives kingpin a shot.

Comment

Dimitrenko should retire, he's an embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
                    what an accomodating injury !

it was crystal clear Dimitrenko would duck Helenius
                    Agreed.

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
                    1) Helenius was like 21 and Stiverne 27

2) Helenius has improved a great deal and Stiverne hasn't.

3) Helenius has KTFO 3 former title holder while Stiverne's compititon speaks for itself

Keep using your genius logic though

Wolfgramm gave Klychko a good fight in the Olympic finals, in the pros he was KTFO in 1 round.

Agreed.

Originally posted by !!Captain View Post
                    Dimitrenko should retire, he's an embarrassment.
                    Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                    X