No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Darren Barker Announces Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Darren Barker Announces Retirement From Boxing

Former IBF middleweight world champion Darren Barker has retired following a long battle with injuries.

The Londoner has decided to hang up his gloves once and for all after a long-standing hip problem flared up in his doomed first title defence against Felix Sturm last month.

Barker had achieved his childhood dream of claiming a world title with a magnificent points win over Australian Daniel Geale earlier last year only to see it snatched from him by former champion Sturm in a second-round stoppage in Stuttgart.

The 31-year-old, who dedicated his success to his late brother Gary, said: "I'm so proud and happy at what I've achieved.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A likeable geeza

Comment

I wish him all the best. Very unlucky with injuries and other misfortunes throughout his career but still managed to achieve more than most. Well done sir.

Comment

Darren is a class act all the way. Much success and good health Champ

Comment

Great decision from a smart man, good health and great things for the champ. He'll still be a great trainer if he continues with that.

Comment

Solid move and understandable.

Comment

Massive shame we never saw Murray/Barker trilogy but hey oh that's boxing. Enjoy your retirement Mr Barker you seem a great guy!!!

Comment

A shame with those injuries, hope we see him sky's studios on tv as some kind of boxing commentator. Good luck champ

Comment

Good. You won't be missed, bum.

Comment

Classy words from a classy man, wish you the best of luck Darren.

Comment

Working...
                    X