Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: No Mayweather Obsession, Sept. 14 in My Date!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: No Mayweather Obsession, Sept. 14 in My Date!

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez is coming off the biggest win of his young career as he beat an undefeated champion in Austin Trout in front of nearly 40,000 fans last Saturday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. The win silenced a lot of critics who have doubted the red headed champion and it also puts a demand for a showdown with pound for pound king Floyd “Money” Mayweather.

Alvarez had made it no secret in the past that he wanted to fight Mayweather. He was under the impression that it would be him who would be fighting Mayweather this Cinco De Mayo holiday weekend but those plans never materialized. Instead, Mayweather chose to stay at 147 pounds and defend his WBC crown against Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero.

Alvarez was scheduled as the co-feature for Mayweather-Guerrero but eventually pulled out when Floyd refused to give him a written agreement that said he would face him next if both won their respective fights.

Despite making various attempts to secure a Mayweather fight, Alvarez is singing a different tune now. When he stopped by BoxingScene Radio fresh off his victory he was asked if he still wanted to fight Mayweather next.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Either Canelo be in Mayweather's undercard or he needs to shut up.

Comment

Just face it, Canelo is the new DLH. Floyd only makes himself look bad by not fighting dude, the kid is gonna run things from now on.

Comment

The 'win' should not have silenced anyone: it was, at worst for Trout, a draw.
        In my opinion, he won the fight. He dictated throughout. He got robbed.

Comment

canelo fight berto already, so floyd would consider you

floyds next opponent judging criteria..
          being a draw/selling seats dont matter (your nickname is money tho, cmon son)
          being a unified champ doesnt matter (you say your the best, but fight those who are good not great, cmon son)
          but fighting berto does? (scratching my head in confusion)

Comment

Changing his tune already. Sad. He basically used Floyd's name to promote his fight with Trout. And all of you idiots on BS fell for it. First all he wanted was Floyd, now there's no obsession?

Comment

Well if he isn't fighting Floyd or if he isn't on his underrated then he isn't fighting September 14
              Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 04-24-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Canelo does not need *****weather ! he is his own brand name , floyd is losing fans left and right by not fighting the fights thw fans want to see . I think berto would be a good fight , better than watching pbf run 12 rounds !

Comment

WAR CANELO

Comment

Canelo can say whatever he wants. The fact is floyd sells units so floyd will get the date unless he doesn't want it. Its just that simple.

Comment

Working...
                    X