No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Past Adversity Motivates Rodriguez Before Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Past Adversity Motivates Rodriguez Before Title Fight

By Thomas Gerbasi - Delvin Rodriguez has had his share of wars in the ring over the years, but the hardest shots he’s taken haven’t come from his opponents, but from those sitting at ringside with pens in their hands.

They were also the ones that hurt the most.

So when there was outrage over Rodriguez getting the short end in questionable to sometimes near larcenous decisions against Andre Eason, Isaac Hlatshwayo (twice), Rafal Jackiewicz, and Ashley Theophane, the fighter was able to get a small measure of satisfaction from knowing that he wasn’t crazy; that the rest of the world, save two or three judges, saw exactly what he felt on fight night.

But after a couple weeks or so, sometimes even less, the furor dies down and the boxing world continues to spin on its axis in search of its next victim. Meanwhile, Rodriguez and his family have to deal with the aftermath. Losing, whether justified or not, costs a fighter money and causes his reputation to take a hit, which means more money lost down the line. No one knows that better than Danbury, Connecticut’s Rodriguez. [Click Here To Read More]

War.... i like rodriguez he's got alot of skills...not a power
    Puncher but alot of SKILLS....

Comment

I dont recall a fight recently where I liked one guy so much (rodriguez) and disliked the other so much (Trout). Rodriguez is a real fighter and is so humble. He does it cause he loves it and supports his family. Doesnt matter whether it is on TV or anyone is cheering him on. Trout on the other hand runs his mouth to whoever will listen. Save Tyson Fury, I dont think I have seen so much hot air blown on BoxingScene. He calls out everyone but never did anything. He always talks so damn big. We all know talk is cheap. I hope Rodriguez gets what he deserves tomorrow night and Trout gets brought crashing back to reality.

Comment

What a wonderful piece Thomas, refreshing change from the dribble youu usually read on various sites. how can you not root for a guy like Rodriguez. I truly hope he does well tomorrow and wins that elusive title.

Comment

lots of decisions on this card, but the stakes should be high for every fight

tarver and wright have the opportunity to add decent wins, late in their careers, to their terrific resumes

and rodriguez has been at the cusp of a huge fight for a long time now, ever since his first fight with wolak.

if he wins this one he could land canelo.

Comment

Rodriguez all the way in this one!

Comment

Working...
            X