Ward-Dawson approved for September 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward-Dawson approved for September 8th

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...or-september-8

I must say, I'm a bit upset with Ward on this one. Even though it's a good/solid fight, it would have meant much more at 175 lbs or even a CW from 170-172.

I just hope Dawson doesn't struggle to make 168, and I hope it doesn't f**k up his performance. I don't know why Chad said he'd go to 168, and not sure why Ward doesn't just fight him at 175 or even a CW from 170-172 would be better.

Good/solid fight, could have been better anywhere from 170-175 though.

Bleacher report? Its guaranteed bullshiiit

All i've been reading is thats its very close to approved.

Anyways 168 is complete BS. Dawson is a big LHW and cuts like 15 pounds to make the limit

Comment

I'm happy with the fight.

I'd prefer it at 175 but as long as Dawson can make 168 healthily I'm ok with the fight.

I guess we'll find out on fight night or at the weigh in.

Comment

fuck Dawson, kick his ass Ward!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingWizard27 View Post
          Bleacher report? Its guaranteed bullshiiit

All i've been reading is thats its very close to approved.

Anyways 168 is complete BS. Dawson is a big LHW and cuts like 15 pounds to make the limit
          Their reports are bull if it's them only, but they had evidence from people from the RING that it's been approved for a WBC 168 lb title fight. I believe it, why not???

Comment

Hope when it's 100% official it's not at 168......

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I'm happy with the fight.

I'd prefer it at 175 but as long as Dawson can make 168 healthily I'm ok with the fight.

I guess we'll find out on fight night or at the weigh in.
              True. I feel like it hands down would have been an A fight at 175 lbs, no doubt. Even at a CW from 170-172, it would have been at least a B+/A- fight. I got it at a B fight if Dawson makes the weight fine. Solid/good fight, could have been better.

Comment

Read the threat title....Got amped as hell

Saw the 168.....shook my head

Dawson giving in too easily.

Comment

It should of been at 175 but Ward is the bigger name I guess and the supposed golden boy of American boxing, I expected him to get what he wants. Chad was talking about going down anyways before the SS.

I wish they could of waited a bit longer but as we have seen nothing is 100% and fighters can easily lose. So if it happens in September so be it. I'm ready and lets go CHAD!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Read the threat title....Got amped as hell

Saw the 168.....shook my head

Dawson giving in too easily.
                    Same here.

At 175: A fight.
                    From 170-172: B+/A- fight.
                    At 168: B fight.

Ward should have agreed to go to 175 to win the lineal title at 175, then he'd already have 2 lineal titles this early on.

Ward should have acted more like Floyd this time around, and go up in weight to win the title. It means more when you do that. It'd still be a solid win for Ward if he were to beat Dawson, but no the huge or great win it'd be at 175.

Comment

Working...
                    X