Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland: Povetkin, Huck Will Fight Again at Some Point

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sauerland: Povetkin, Huck Will Fight Again at Some Point

Kalle Sauerland, promoter for WBA "regular" heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin (24-0, 16K)s), and WBO cruiserweight king Marco Huck (34-2, 25KOs), believes the two fighters will face each other in a rematch at some point in the future. Last month in Stuttgart, Huck shocked a lot of people with his impressive performance and ability to hurt Povetkin in their contest. Povetkin, who appeared to be exhausted at the end, was lucky to escape with a majority decision victory.

[Click Here To Read More]

I told you! Sauerland doesnt like dealing with K2 promotions!
    They wont put povetkin in with klitschkos! I have serious doubts also that they will let the winner of pulev vs dimitrenko fight one of the klitschkos!
    They have povetkin as the regular wba chmapion and they will keep the belt inhouse for the sauerland heavies like helenius,povetkin ,huck,pulev,gerber, dimitrenko

Comment

If he "believes" that ahman will be a tough fight, he mustn't have much confidence in his heavyweight champion. Maybe what we saw against Huck is the REAL Povetkin, which has been hiding behind Teddy Atlas' mouth all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
        They wont put povetkin in with klitschkos! I have serious doubts also that they will let the winner of pulev vs dimitrenko fight one of the klitschkos!
        They have povetkin as the regular wba chmapion and they will keep the belt inhouse for the sauerland heavies like helenius,povetkin ,huck,pulev,gerber, dimitrenko
        he had valuev & he'd defend vs barrett, owen beck, etc...he will keep the interim title as long as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          If he "believes" that ahman will be a tough fight, he mustn't have much confidence in his heavyweight champion. Maybe what we saw against Huck is the REAL Povetkin, which has been hiding behind Teddy Atlas' mouth all the time.
          I've never been impressed with Povetkin, and now it looks like he might be physically deteriorating. But no way will this ancient shell of Rahman remotely trouble him.

Comment

Translation: We dont want to lose Povetkins "0" as its the only thing that we bring to the table that can get more money from a Klitschko, so once we feed Povetkin to Wlad or Vitali then we'll do a rematch with Huck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
              You seriously want Povetkin to face a K2 after his last miserable performance?
              IMO, a rematch would be great, give Huck another chance and let Povetkin show up in shape and get back respect. Get a good referee who won't allow Povetkin's excessive ducking, which will also stop Huck's rabbit punches. I mean, the 1st fight was already one of the most exciting hw fights of the year.
              Last edited by Superflo777; 03-06-2012, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                You seriously want Povetkin to face a K2 after his last miserable performance?
                IMO, a rematch would be great, give Huck another chance and let Povetkin show up in shape and get back respect. Get a good referee who won't allow Povetkin's excessive ducking, which will also stop Huck's rabid punches. I mean, the 1st fight was already one of the most exciting hw fights of the year.
                They're called "rabbit punches".

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  They're called "rabbit punches".
                  My mistake, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                    My mistake, sir.

It happens. Just thought I'd point it out before someone else did. Contrary to are differing opinions I think you're alright, flo.

Comment

Working...
                    X