No announcement yet.

2008's Rank Em' and Predict Em'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008's Rank Em' and Predict Em'

I named majority of the releases so far this year (left out a few you can add if you wish to your lists). But name the Top 5 Albums of the Year so far in order.

Rank Em'

Albums Released

Rick Ross- Trilla
    The Roots- Rising Down
    Lil Wayne- Tha Carter III
    Snoop Dogg- Ego Trippin
    The Game- LAX
    Nas- Untitled
    Gnarls Barkley- The Odd Couple
    Bun B- II Trill
    G-Unit- Terminate On Site
    Prodigy- HNIC 2
    Clipse- The Re-Up Gang
    Yung Berg- Look What You Made Me
    Plies- Definition of Real
    Ice Cube- Raw Footage
    Flo-Rida- Mail On Sunday
    N.E.R.D- Seeing Sounds
    David Banner- The Greatest Story Ever Told
    Three Six Mafia- Last 2 Walk

Part 2

Predict which of the following albums will be great pieces of work and which will either flop or be just average.

Predict Em'

T.I.- Paper Trail
    Young Jeezy- The Recession
    Dr. Dre- Detox
    T-Pain- Thr33 Ringz
    Jay-Z - The Blueprint III
    Plies- Definition (yes he has another album slated to drop in December)
    Murs- Murs For President

You can add ones I didn't list if you wish..

Top 5 Albums of 2008 (So Far)

5. Plies- The Definition of Real- Not long along I bashed this album and passed it off as a piece of trash but after a friend had me DL it, I was shocked when I came out of the listening session enjoying it. Maybe because I lived in Orlando this past year and that grimey rap grew on me, or maybe I'm just a sucker for tight production but either way I came out enjoying this album. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think Plies is a good MC in the least bit, but he came alright on some tracks. The production is solid all the way through and at times Plies over the top, disgusting rhymes, actually amuse me and make me play the track back. By the end of the year, I expect this to be out of my Top 5 but we'll see if Plies can keep his place on my list.

Tracks To DL- "Watch Dis", "Feel Like ****in", "Dat *****"

4. Rick Ross- Trilla- Personally I don't give a **** if Ross was a CO or not, this album achieved what his first didn't it had a balance to it and gave you a complete piece of work. Trilla felt like a play on the Scarface movie, it had that black mafia drug feel to it, blended with tight synths and heavy drums the production was unique and perfect for his style. Stand outs how to have been "Maybach Music" and "Billionaire". Overall Trilla was a dope effort from Miami's finest.

Tracks to DL- "Maybach Music", "Billionaire", "Luxury Tax"

3. The Game- LAX- My top 3 is tough for me because I really enjoyed each of the albums I'll list. LAX is Game at his finest. He finally proves he doesn't need the good Doctor behind the boards to make a complete awesome album. Great production throughout mixed with really nice guest spots (Raekwon, Ludacris, Ice Cube, Lil Wayne, Raheem Devaughn, Common, Ne-Yo, Nasty Nas). I really think this record will stay in rotation for a while and proves to me Game is an artist to be reckoned with.

Tracks to DL- "Money", " "Angel feat. Common", "Letter To The King feat. Nas"

(I love a lot more of the tracks , just named 3 that stood out for me.)

2. Nas- Untitled- Nas is a poet/ MC, and proves once again he is brilliant. Untitled was one of the most fantastic listens I've had in a few years. I just think Nas put so much into this record and I appreciate it. Great piece of work, and one that will last the test of time.

Tracks To DL - "Testify", "Sly Fox", "Queens Get The Money"

1. Lil Wayne- Tha Carter III- I may the the bold one to over step Esco's classic but I loved this album. The braindead, lyrical crazy word play of Wayne took me to another part of hip hop. From his blackout over A Milli, to his concept of Dr.Carter, Wayne was all over the place in a good way. This is by far Wayne's best album and has established the return of hip hop sales. I can't stop the rotation of this record.

Comment

If ob4cl pt 2 comes out it will kill all these albums

Comment

Originally posted by sisforshaq View Post
        Top 5 Albums of 2008 (So Far)

5. Plies- The Definition of Real- Not long along I bashed this album and passed it off as a piece of trash but after a friend had me DL it, I was shocked when I came out of the listening session enjoying it. Maybe because I lived in Orlando this past year and that grimey rap grew on me, or maybe I'm just a sucker for tight production but either way I came out enjoying this album. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think Plies is a good MC in the least bit, but he came alright on some tracks. The production is solid all the way through and at times Plies over the top, disgusting rhymes, actually amuse me and make me play the track back. By the end of the year, I expect this to be out of my Top 5 but we'll see if Plies can keep his place on my list.

Tracks To DL- "Watch Dis", "Feel Like ****in", "Dat *****"

4. Rick Ross- Trilla- Personally I don't give a **** if Ross was a CO or not, this album achieved what his first didn't it had a balance to it and gave you a complete piece of work. Trilla felt like a play on the Scarface movie, it had that black mafia drug feel to it, blended with tight synths and heavy drums the production was unique and perfect for his style. Stand outs how to have been "Maybach Music" and "Billionaire". Overall Trilla was a dope effort from Miami's finest.

Tracks to DL- "Maybach Music", "Billionaire", "Luxury Tax"

3. The Game- LAX- My top 3 is tough for me because I really enjoyed each of the albums I'll list. LAX is Game at his finest. He finally proves he doesn't need the good Doctor behind the boards to make a complete awesome album. Great production throughout mixed with really nice guest spots (Raekwon, Ludacris, Ice Cube, Lil Wayne, Raheem Devaughn, Common, Ne-Yo, Nasty Nas). I really think this record will stay in rotation for a while and proves to me Game is an artist to be reckoned with.

Tracks to DL- "Money", " "Angel feat. Common", "Letter To The King feat. Nas"

(I love a lot more of the tracks , just named 3 that stood out for me.)

2. Nas- Untitled- Nas is a poet/ MC, and proves once again he is brilliant. Untitled was one of the most fantastic listens I've had in a few years. I just think Nas put so much into this record and I appreciate it. Great piece of work, and one that will last the test of time.

Tracks To DL - "Testify", "Sly Fox", "Queens Get The Money"

1. Lil Wayne- Tha Carter III- I may the the bold one to over step Esco's classic but I loved this album. The braindead, lyrical crazy word play of Wayne took me to another part of hip hop. From his blackout over A Milli, to his concept of Dr.Carter, Wayne was all over the place in a good way. This is by far Wayne's best album and has established the return of hip hop sales. I can't stop the rotation of this record.

Very on point my dude.

Comment

Originally posted by th4l3pr3ch4un View Post
          Very on point my dude.
          Appreciate it.

Comment

so far i have

eMC
            nas
            carter 3

i havent listened to LAX yet

Comment

hip hop is a joke if wayne ross and plies are dropping the best albums...How did hip hop get so bad man

Comment

6. G-unit TOS - The beats were real nice on this album and so was lloyd banks...with the exception of 2 or 3 songs this album is one dimensional
                5. Prodigy HNIC 2 - P stepped it up over the past 2 years. He showed some versatility not just rapping about killing but also rapping about the illuminati
                4. Gza Pro Tools - Gza came sharp and creative as always on this
                3. Ice Cube Raw Footage - Showed hes still one of the best gangsta rappers....20 years later
                2. Lil Wayne Carter 3 - Hate to put it up this high but wayne showed more versatility then my other picks and the beats were nice
                1. Nas Untitled - A concept cd with great lyrics. Too good not to have at #1

The only future releases i care about are BP3 and Detox as of right now...unless cormega, raekwon, or ghostface decides to drop by the end of the year.

I think BP3 and Detox will both be very good albums but not classics....4.5/5

I Dont really listen to Murs but i should check that out

Comment

Working...
                X