No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikkel Kessler Says Eye Injury is a Thing of The Past

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikkel Kessler Says Eye Injury is a Thing of The Past

MIKKEL KESSLER insists he has no fears over an old eye injury leaving him blinded by his Carl Froch rematch.

The rival world super-middleweight champions clash at London’s O2 Arena on May 25 in what will be the biggest fight in Britain this year.

Kessler, 33 who has an English mother, controversially out-pointed Froch in April 2010 but then had to pull out of the Super Six tournament and put his career on hold because of double vision.

He did not box for another ten months and has only had three fights since beating Nottingham hero Froch in Denmark.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Carl's always stated that he felt he won a close fight and used the fact that Kessler after the fight had to pull out of the super six. Kessler like froch r only looking for big fights now and both careers are coming to an end....... one remembers Froch chasing Calz and seems like Froch will do the same to the up coming UK fighter whom want to fight him.

Can't wait for this fight

Comment

Good to hear that his eyes are back in line so to speak.

Froch is going to be in the shape of his life if he wants to have a chance.

Comment

Stay healthy, Mikkel.

Comment

He had the problems before Ward, pretty interesting, I was sure those headbutts were the main reason.

Kessler will be a lot better than the first fight.

Comment

This will be a great fight. I think Froch will start a bit faster this time, anxious not to let mikkel get the better of him in the early rounds. Kessler also won't take any chances fighting away from home. It will probably come down to who can work at the highest intensity for twelve rounds.

Comment

Froch Vs. Kessler

froch vs kessler...First fight was one of the best european fights of recent memory. Very close fight. I believe that either fighter could have won that one. I agreed with Froch's statement at the end of the bout in regards to if the fight would have been in England it easily could have gone his way. I think that statement needs to be remembered. If Kessler doesn't dominate this fight it could easily go to Froch.. Hometown Retribution..

Comment

The lack of attention in this compared to Dirrell's Shaw high is interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                  He had the problems before Ward, pretty interesting, I was sure those headbutts were the main reason.

Kessler will be a lot better than the first fight.
                  To be honest with you the first fight is the best I have ever seen Kessler, by a distance

Comment

So his eye was fine when he got decked by Allan Green?

Beating up on a few bums doesn't get you ready for the Cobra. By the time they step into the ring it will have been 3 years since Kessler faced a legit world class opponent.

Froch, in the meantime, has been rapidly improving by testing himself against an array of current or ex world champs fighting in different styles.

Comment

Working...
                    X